Old 04-17-2014, 12:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadlock86 View Post
anybody know what is happening out at Gateway?

i played it when 2 holes (5 & 6, i think?) were missing baskets but now the back 9 seems to be pulled also. getting some reviews slamming it in the last few weeks.

is the course slowly dying or is there just maintenance/construction/etc going on for a bit?
The front baskets that are missing were stolen a while back and they shut down the back 9 and back section of the park to run out the weirdos....There is some really weird stuff that goes down back there. It's gross. I bike up there as well and always run into creepy people on the trails doing meth and whatever else they do. I've seen tons of used condoms and various other strange things O_O
Old 04-17-2014, 12:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
***Attention***
Beginning March 24th the back nine will be closed due to a city effort to combat the illegal activities along Valley circle. The gate will be locked and tree/brush service crews will be clearing the problem areas.

Also the course will no longer be affiliated with the Funkytown flyers.
I'm assuming Brandon posted this, it was posted on the Gateway Disc Golf Course Facebook page.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 179
thanks, man!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:57 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 122
Quote:
***Attention***
Beginning March 24th the back nine will be closed due to a city effort to combat the illegal activities along Valley circle. The gate will be locked and tree/brush service crews will be clearing the problem areas.

Also the course will no longer be affiliated with the Funkytown flyers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0atz View Post
I'm assuming Brandon posted this, it was posted on the Gateway Disc Golf Course Facebook page.
So I guess I wasn't that far off after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by araytx View Post
I heard that the city took it over; the club is no longer providing maintenance.... they are going to do some different things with the park and the DG section is in the way.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by araytx View Post

So I guess I wasn't that far off after all.
Well what that means is...Brandon is no longer affiliated with the FunkyTown club ("it's a legal matter") and he took Gateway and North Park with him when he left. Nothing was said about Saddle for whatever reason...I don't think he liked dealing with White Settlement or something. But oh well, the crew that is running saddle is getting stuff done and it's gonna be legit here pretty soon. Concrete should be soon.

Last edited by j0atz; 04-17-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:04 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
The front baskets that are missing were stolen a while back and they shut down the back 9 and back section of the park to run out the weirdos....There is some really weird stuff that goes down back there. It's gross. I bike up there as well and always run into creepy people on the trails doing meth and whatever else they do. I've seen tons of used condoms and various other strange things O_O

I've only been up there once, and could tell there was some weird crap going on there. Saw lots of items I don't want to go into details about, it's part of the reason we haven't been back (besides not being up that direction a whole lot). I'm pretty sure that this is non disc golfers doing all that, but I can understand why they gotta close the back nine for a while. The whole park will be better off in the long run.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Yeah it's not disc golfers if I implied that..just random people that park in that circle drive area. I am glad they shut it down temporarily for that reason. It was pretty creepy back there. Great course though since the fairways were cleaned up on the back nine....one of the more challenging courses in this area if not the most challenging.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 139
Quote:
Yeah it's not disc golfers if I implied that..just random people that park in that circle drive area. I am glad they shut it down temporarily for that reason. It was pretty creepy back there. Great course though since the fairways were cleaned up on the back nine....one of the more challenging courses in this area if not the most challenging.
The last time I was playing Gateway an older dude in an 80s mustang with top down was leaving that circle jamming some Madonna "girls just want to have fun" Don't have to guess what was going down in the woods.