Old 03-31-2013, 05:51 PM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 192
Get an cheap x comet. Play several rounds (at least) with an x comet and only an x comet.

It will show you that it is possible to throw neutral discs on a hyzer into a headwind if you're form decent. It'll also show you when you're doing it wrong by turning and burning.

This alone will not help you be a better player, but it's one step that can assist you. (At least, I found it very beneficial.)
Old 03-31-2013, 06:20 PM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 192
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticallyincorrectshoe View Post
Get an cheap x comet. Play several rounds (at least) with an x comet and only an x comet.

It will show you that it is possible to throw neutral discs on a hyzer into a headwind if you're form decent. It'll also show you when you're doing it wrong by turning and burning.

This alone will not help you be a better player, but it's one step that can assist you. (At least, I found it very beneficial.)
I'm gonna attribute ^this monstrosity to a massive caloric intake in celebration of Easter. My gawd!

Old 03-31-2013, 07:29 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeshoe View Post
I'm gonna attribute ^this monstrosity to a massive caloric intake in celebration of Easter. My gawd!
Glad you've got your fill! And thanks for that tip. It makes sense to eliminate as many variables as possible. I can only get out about once a week at this point (getting about 50 holes in on the days I do though) so I'm keeping it fun as well, trying new discs - but I might add a comet anyways, I like plastic. I'm lucky enough a new course is being installed 5 minutes from my place along my bus route home from work. I'll be adding a few evenings in the months to come - a good chance to try something like you're suggesting.

Cheers,

K.