Old 02-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 49
I know the 20 footers I'm throwing in my apartment isn't in realistic conditions. And I know having a stack of 13 or 14 various putters isn't making me 'double down' on my efforts.

But it still helps. A lot. Not with managing pressure, but with muscle memory and developing form. The details are probably not important, but I'm really working toward developing a putting form in a way that I couldn't when I was just playing rounds or going to a friends house once every couple weeks to putt.

The single biggest jump in accuracy and consistency came from when I took my index finger from the rim of the disc and wrapped it up underneath in a modified fan grip. I'm getting a lot more efficient power:effort ratio and a huge reduction in release errors. It also means my legs are less involved, which reduces the number of moving parts and possible points of failure.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
i chaged my putting style, where i bring my hand to my waist and pop it up(push/pop putting?) and it has increased my percentage by alot. Today i got 16 in a row, missed two, then made the last two. So 90%
Old 02-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
It means I would play MA1 instead of MA2, like a mofo!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 51
It means I'm geting much better.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by whentherainscome View Post
I know the 20 footers I'm throwing in my apartment isn't in realistic conditions. And I know having a stack of 13 or 14 various putters isn't making me 'double down' on my efforts.
Agreed. The reason my putting has gotten better at the course isn't because i practice stressful putts at home in my basement...haha...but because i know that my muscles are trained on how to throw a 20' putt. I hvae repeated the form until its ingrained in my body. Now all I have to do is adjust ever so slightly to the environment changes. whereas before, i was just heaving the disc up there and seeing what happened.

Now i can take a deep breath, tell myself "Self, you know you can make this putt, its just like your basement" and it calms me down knowing I've hit almost 2000 putts from that distance.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post
Now i can take a deep breath, tell myself "Self, you know you can make this putt, its just like your basement" and it calms me down knowing I've hit almost 2000 putts from that distance.
this is one of the most important things you gain from putting in regular, focused practice time - you can draw on the practice experience to calm you in tough spots. i mark out various distances between 20-60' on all of my baskets and get to know the feel for that shot. when i step up to one in a round, if i'm not sure of the distance or don't 'feel it' immediately, i just pace it out and visualize the spot in my yard. i hit a nice downhill 30 footer yesterday that had big risk if i blew by it. i just lined it up and thought 'oh yeah this is the shot from the corner of the patio steps to the discatcher' and put it on the pole like i was 5 feet away.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Banned

90% for me is my average.