Old 03-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharris View Post
I'm not overly familiar with the inner workings of twitter. I used it for a little while to follow various athletes and musicians that I was into, but never got into it much.

I plan to create a new account so that I can play around with it a bit more. It certainly creates a very new way to communicate. It differs from facebook in that it's more than just status and photo updates, but is more conversational in tone (primarily through the use of hashtag subjects).

I don't begrudge the OP for wanting to use twitter to get the conversation going about BG ams. The problem, as scarp noted, is the attitude. Even the title of the thread says "Follow me." That's not reaching out to the community of disc golfers that might actually be interested in talking about BG Ams, that's a call to those of us not going to follow a random nobody while he pretends to be playing in the big time.
u wot?

lol u have to follow me on twitter to see what's is going on/what i am doing in bg so yeah thats why the title is "follow me"

Never did I pretend once to be good at disc golf I clearly said I am not good and I go down there to meet people and have fun.

I think it is pretty cool to do a search on twitter for "Disc Golf" and see all the people posting pics and having fun talking about it. So rather than doing a search every minute you can follow someone that you chose to follow and see what they are doing.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: LHBH
i wont be following dupaloop on twitter because i will be participating myself, but i may see him hanging out on the back porch of wahbahs on saturday night...