Old 02-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarroll View Post
As far as I know, DiscGolfScene's tournament registration does not require a PayPal account. The transaction is handled through PayPal, but the player may complete the registration with a Credit/Debit card just as well.
If this is true.. and I have no reason to doubt you You just saved me from more foolish ranting. Thank you.
I probably should have just clicked the paypal link before I posted this thread.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretdance03 View Post
In the past I've used the pDGA store sign up, which was previously managed and handled by Breiner Industries. I was repeatedly let down by and frustrated by their service(s) and chose to not use them if at all possible. I previously used a local merchant, but for my most recent event have decided to go with Disc Golf United. Honestly I only did this because I assume that Breiner was still handling the pdga store sign ups- had I looked at all and seen it was now run through disc golf scene I may have tried that.

From the player signing up point of view it seemed to work just fine last year, if I can ask, what was the trouble for TDs? And is that why the PDGA discontinued their services?

My only gripe when I started the thread was being able to signup for tourneys with a regular CC which jcarrol addressed, but now I'm kind of curious. I do remember a couple TDs saying that they had trouble getting entry fee payout checks on time so they could deposit them well enough ahead of tournament
day.. was that what it was?
Either way, now optimistically hoping for the best for both TDs and players.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Par Member

Sure enough, fill in the blanks and click "Checkout with Paypal," and it takes you right to a page that tells you you don't need Paypal to check out with Paypal.. sigh, Half a day wasted, a TD up in arms because he thought Paypal meant Paypal only too and was equally pissed, me looking foolish, and the sun went behind the clouds as soon as I was finally ready to stop sitting in front of a computer and go play golf.. It must be a Sunday.
Garrrrrrgh.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
The old sign up took forever to send tds info on who was signed up as well as charged a large percentage fee. DGS shows whos signed up instantly as well as a very small fee. It's all about cost. And dgs is no more time consuming/difficult to use then the old system. Win win situation here.