#211  
Old 11-26-2014, 07:28 PM
DG_Before_Breakfast's Avatar
DG_Before_Breakfast DG_Before_Breakfast is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 902
Whoa, didn't realize Zero line was going away. Gotta order some Pures. I might have to try this disc one day though. Hope I like the EZE as much as Zero Line.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 11-26-2014, 07:44 PM
discguy42's Avatar
discguy42 discguy42 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Meridian,MS
Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_Before_Breakfast View Post
Whoa, didn't realize Zero line was going away. Gotta order some Pures. I might have to try this disc one day though. Hope I like the EZE as much as Zero Line.
You got it backwards...... EZE has been gone for a while, Zero Line current and going strong!

Lat would be stupid to kill the Zero Family of plastic.

The Mercy was finally just released in the Medium, and that took for ever to happen.

Last edited by discguy42; 11-26-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 11-26-2014, 07:49 PM
DG_Before_Breakfast's Avatar
DG_Before_Breakfast DG_Before_Breakfast is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by discguy42 View Post
You got it backwards...... EZE has been gone for a while, Zero Line current and going strong!

Lat would be stupid to kill the Zero Family of plastic.

The Mercy was finally just released in the Medium, and that took for ever to happen.
OK sweet, thanks for clueing me in, must have read that wrong

Ya, I love Zero Line plastic on my putter, great grip, comes out clean for me. Couldn't believe they made something better.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 11-26-2014, 08:08 PM
discguy42's Avatar
discguy42 discguy42 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Meridian,MS
Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
why don't they make awesome colors for the mercy and sinus like they do for the zero pures? every once in a while you see some amaaaaazing looking zero pures. the mercy is boring by comparison and the logo is lame.

thoughts? they should make all the zero mercies in this sort of swirly plastic.
My first Mercy was a ugly pale blue with a glossy black stamp.

I just got a Medium one in what was called "unique", yeah...uniquely ugly! Looked good in the pic and when I got it, meh. The color looked like a nice blue-white-gray swirl. Holding it in your hand it is a yucky battleship blue-gray. I even paid $3 extra for ugly.

Well at least Lat has been using the stamp I call "rainbow scale foil".

Just got me a new White ZeroMedium with that rainbow stamp.

I still want to find a ZeroMedium or ZeroHard white one with a nice, shiny plain blue foil stamp. Anybody ever run across one in a store, buy it and I WILL purchase it from you. 174 grams please if you are looking.

Hey Koda, I still bag that green one I got form ya. I use it as my approach disc, it seldom sees chains unless my upshot with it was good and close, then it gets the reward of going into the basket.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 11-26-2014, 08:11 PM
Kodachrome's Avatar
Kodachrome Kodachrome is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South St. Paul, MN
Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by discguy42 View Post
My first Mercy was a ugly pale blue with a glossy black stamp.

I just got a Medium one in what was called "unique", yeah...uniquely ugly! Looked good in the pic and when I got it, meh. The color looked like a nice blue-white-gray swirl. Holding it in your hand it is a yucky battleship blue-gray. I even paid $3 extra for ugly.

Well at least Lat has been using the stamp I call "rainbow scale foil".

Just got me a new White ZeroMedium with that rainbow stamp.

I still want to find a ZeroMedium or ZeroHard white one with a nice, shiny plain blue foil stamp. Anybody ever run across one in a store, buy it and I WILL purchase it from you. 174 grams please if you are looking.

Hey Koda, I still bag that green one I got form ya. I use it as my approach disc, it seldom sees chains unless my upshot with it was good and close, then it gets the reward of going into the basket.
Yeah? Glad it's working for you! This mccabe one I have is waaay stiffer. This is what I was expecting when I ordered that green one. Also a bit more hss.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 11-26-2014, 08:23 PM
discguy42's Avatar
discguy42 discguy42 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Meridian,MS
Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Yeah? Glad it's working for you! This mccabe one I have is waaay stiffer. This is what I was expecting when I ordered that green one. Also a bit more hss.
I don't drive with mine and I don't have the distance capability you do...
so this thing fly's nice and straight/stable for me with a little fade.

You should pick up a UB Lex to try for a driving and over stable putting putter. ( I know, off topic for the Mercy thread )

Last edited by discguy42; 11-26-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 11-27-2014, 12:37 AM
tomte tomte is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdirtykid View Post
Are there runs of zero much like westside bt? My bt med harp is exactly how I like my putters to feel.
I would guess they are 98% the same. My Bt soft Harp feels pretty much the same as the zero soft mercy or the for that matter the classic soft judge...
If you like the bt medium you can try the zero line medium or classic blend without taking a risk.

I sometimes get the impression that color has more influence on plastics softness...
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 11-27-2014, 12:42 AM
discguy42's Avatar
discguy42 discguy42 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Meridian,MS
Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 749
We've got some activity in here. Keep the Mercy love coming!

Did I just really think AND post this thought...

Last edited by discguy42; 11-27-2014 at 12:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
 

  #219  
Old 12-08-2014, 10:23 AM
pecosROB's Avatar
pecosROB pecosROB is online now
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Tyler, TX
Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by discguy42 View Post
We've got some activity in here. Keep the Mercy love coming!

Did I just really think AND post this thought...
Thinking about trying a Mercy for my next putter. Is it a fairly stiff disc? Does it drive well?

Total noob here. I currently use an R-Pro Aviar. A bit too wobbly for me when it is windy and long putts. What's the best scenario usage for the Mercy? And if it's not for wind or long putts (and short drives), any recs?

I really am loving the Lat64 discs I've recently required. All used, maybe that's why they feel so good to throw, already broken in for me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.