Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 114
I misread the original post, and Keith may have also. I saw a new course in Northeast Georgia, and a State Park, and at some point they ran together in my mind as a state park in Georgia. A more diligent re-reading and I realize you were talking about two separate projects.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
I misread the original post, and Keith may have also. I saw a new course in Northeast Georgia, and a State Park, and at some point they ran together in my mind as a state park in Georgia. A more diligent re-reading and I realize you were talking about two separate projects.
It's gotten a bit crazy course development wise. In SC we have the Oconee State Park project....which is just starting, the Chau Ram County Park course...baskets have been purchased and design is almost complete and the 9 hole project in Seneca. Baskets are in storage, design is complete. We're currently clearing.

In GA were finishing Eagle Creek soon. Just need to build tee boxes. I have a proposal on the table for Rabun County to put Disc Golf on their county owned ball golf course and two private projects in the works. One private project is for a retired doctor that wants his own course for his kids and grandkids (that goes into the ground late March) and the course that would be pay to play that I outlined a hole in the fair or foul thread.

I knew when i took 2013 off from being a TD there would be the follow up on some projects I just didn't think they would all hit at once.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadjo View Post
It's gotten a bit crazy course development wise. In SC we have the Oconee State Park project....which is just starting, the Chau Ram County Park course...baskets have been purchased and design is almost complete and the 9 hole project in Seneca. Baskets are in storage, design is complete. We're currently clearing.

In GA were finishing Eagle Creek soon. Just need to build tee boxes. I have a proposal on the table for Rabun County to put Disc Golf on their county owned ball golf course and two private projects in the works. One private project is for a retired doctor that wants his own course for his kids and grandkids (that goes into the ground late March) and the course that would be pay to play that I outlined a hole in the fair or foul thread.

I knew when i took 2013 off from being a TD there would be the follow up on some projects I just didn't think they would all hit at once.
Its exciting to see new courses pop up in South Carolina. Here in the midlands we just opened up a course at Southeast.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetclark View Post
Its exciting to see new courses pop up in South Carolina. Here in the midlands we just opened up a course at Southeast.
I'm hoping to play down there this spring. I'm at the point where if something else comes up, I might have to pass on to someone else.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 18.9
Courses Played: 187
Not sure if it fits your project but Lake Arcadia in Edmond, OK has 4 entrances, you pay at 3 of them. One of those pay-entrances takes you to two 18-hole courses that you can play all day long with your entrance fee. That's not the only amenity at that entrance, however. Lake access, mtn bike trail, etc.
Not sure if it's a state/county park or a town park.
You can buy an annual pass.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
Not sure if it fits your project but Lake Arcadia in Edmond, OK has 4 entrances, you pay at 3 of them. One of those pay-entrances takes you to two 18-hole courses that you can play all day long with your entrance fee. That's not the only amenity at that entrance, however. Lake access, mtn bike trail, etc.
Not sure if it's a state/county park or a town park.
You can buy an annual pass.
All this data is great to have. I just wish it was easier to come by. I'm sure that if a lot of state parks across the country had any idea what a nice design course could do for their gate receipts, it would be a great way to expand courses all over the country.

I have been making calls during lunch and between clients. I hope to compile several stats from several different places to help close one pending course and to just satisfy one that was just approved.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 363
Throwing Style: LHBH
Have you checked with the PDGA? My guess is someone has done something similar to the exercise you are currently undertaking.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:55 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.1
Courses Played: 569
Actually, I'm thinking the PDGA should do something like this and keep track of it for potential course owners.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:31 PM
* Ace Member *

The PDGA's information on course development is very old. I think they still are having people download the proposal for Golden Gate Park in CA. That's several years old. I've done several dozen promotional talks and presentations. Over a dozen have succeeded and none have ever been alike. They're all different.

This information is very helpful.

If someone is talking with a County or State Park that has an entry fee or a City that is considering pulling a course due to erosion or other issues, information from City Parks that have gone from being free to charging a nominal fee can help grow our sport and can help keep courses from disappearing.

Information from Ball golf Course that added Disc Golf can also help.

Decision makers don't want or need to be overwhelmed with information. Just some hard data that shows Disc Golf is a benefit and inexpensive to incorporate.

I have a one-sheet I'm prepping right now for a county pay to play. I will upload it after its finished.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadjo View Post

Mr. Sauls is correct - I thought he was talking about a state park in Ga using a ball golf course.... I always read your threads, so alot of what is going on in your very busy life blends together when reading all your posts.

I knew it wasn't the guys private course, so I should get points for that.