Old 03-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Flipping something understable, for that wind, is always my longest throw with only one exception: wind that is both into and L to Right. I must throw anny there or the disc will just get pushed down.
I'm the same on L to R. If I have a pure L to R crosswind, my best golf D comes from throwing overstable plastic on an anny. Not ridiculously overstable discs, but decently overstable, like a force or trespass. The L to R wind holds the disc over for a large portion of the flight, counteracting the natural tendency to fade out, but the discs still fight out of it at the end. Some of my longest distance throws have come this way.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 148
Its Innova, Some 135 g Bosses are understable. Some are beefy crazy overstable meathooks. I have more experience with Destroyers...its the shame of the whole thing. Need to purchase 15 to find 1 totally understable, 1 totally overstable, and everything in between. $15.99 for 40% less plastic.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
I'm the same on L to R. If I have a pure L to R crosswind, my best golf D comes from throwing overstable plastic on an anny. Not ridiculously overstable discs, but decently overstable, like a force or trespass. The L to R wind holds the disc over for a large portion of the flight, counteracting the natural tendency to fade out, but the discs still fight out of it at the end. Some of my longest distance throws have come this way.
Yup. Well, I do better that way, but still can't throw as far right to left wind where it keeps my understable drivers from turning too hard.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Anyone else have a D4 that is a lot more overstable than they are being described? I threw a proto version (172g) and really liked it - perfect hyzerflip or big turnover shot disc. I bought a first run (170g) and it is not nearly as easy to turn and almost always will fade out (350-400 foot wide open holes). I'm honestly quite disappointed. Not so much that the disc sucks but it just doesn't do what I was looking for in it. I already have plenty of other discs that are stable to overstable (Nuke, Boss, King, Tresspass, etc). I was hoping for something more like a fresh Vulcan before it gets beat in and is too flippy to trust.
I got to throw my D4 today and that's the exact thing I was noticing today. Mine is red 172 first run, and my first throw I put a lot of hyzer expecting it to flip up, and it just went straight left (RHBH) but once I threw it some more I really started to like it. Throw it hard and flat it was flying a lot like my trespass, but my trusty seasoned trespass had more turn and the D4 had a solid fade and big skip. One of the holes I was throwing them both on is a dead straight 416 footer, and the trespass was getting there on a full flight and glide, the D4 was getting there because of the speed and didn't quite have the glide. I think I'll like my stable D4 once I beat it in a bit, but I still want to find one of these flippy bombers to pair with this one.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.9
Courses Played: 87
A friend let me throw his D1 and D4 discs into a headwind of about 15 mph. Both went the same distance for me, just different lines. I threw the D4 with a slight hyzer and the D1 with a little anhyzer.

I like both of them, but my noodle arm would get more use from the D4. I'd really like to try the D3. If it flies like I imagine it would, it would be a fun disc to own.