Old 05-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentCrook View Post
The fact that Boombah sells those packs brand new for $50 makes me very curious what the markup is on the disc golf specific backpacks that are $150+.
As a DIY-er who owns and loves his cabela's bag and has been using the same $80 ball golf bag for more than 25 yrs. I have wondered this myself.

Just a quick comparison of what $200 can get you.
Ball golf

Disc golf

Bowling

I think it's funny when people justify $200 for a backpack because it's DG specific design[it's really just a backpack with the zippers moved around]. Design is a 1 time investment, materials however must go into every bag, if you are providing more structure, HIGHer quality CRAFTSMANSHIP, an intregrated seat, wheels, dividers, crazy pockets,etc.... I can see the value...to a point. But somehow I can't help things are a little skewed.

Look at the amount of materials and fabrication involved in the ball golf bag and that bowling bag is designed 4x 16lbs. bowlingballs +shoes has wheels. Hell, it's like a lunch cooler with 2 weekender bags that connect to Discarrier on wheels.

I haven't thoroughly shopped for my new ball golf bag yet but I will entertain DIY ideas. I haven't found any ball golf forums that can touch this crowd for outta the box thinking and DIY-ery.

And just for fun a $100 softball bag with wheels