Old 03-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
I think I might attend this event. Sounds like a good time. Any recommendations for a midrange or driver?
Old 03-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nate View Post
I think I might attend this event. Sounds like a good time. Any recommendations for a midrange or driver?
What is your current favorite driver/mid and putter? I can't wait.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
What is your current favorite driver/mid and putter? I can't wait.
Well my favorite putter is my FLX Challenger. My favorite mid and driver is a tougher call... Z Buzzz and Proton Tangent are tied. Fave driver has got to be my Star Teebird
Old 03-28-2014, 06:24 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Well my favorite putter is my FLX Challenger. My favorite mid and driver is a tougher call... Z Buzzz and Proton Tangent are tied. Fave driver has got to be my Star Teebird
Go with the Ridge for your putter. It will feel and fly very similar to your Challengers. Ibex is closest to your Buzzzes, straight with just enough stability. It will feel thinner at the rim like your Tangents though. Ascent is the closest thing to your Teebirds, just a but more overstable. You get to choose a putter plus one, so you'd have to decide on control vs. distance.

Last edited by All Day; 03-28-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:33 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Go with the Ridge for your putter. It will feel and fly very similar to your Challengers. Ibex is closest to your Buzzzes, straight with just enough stability. It will feel thinner at the rim like your Tangents though. Ascent is the closest thing to your Teebirds, just a but more overstable. You get to choose a putter plus one, so you'd have to decide on control vs. distance.
Also, go with medium instead of firm for your discs if you like FLX plastic. Firm Vibram is just slightly less grippy and stiffer at the rim especially. Both firm and medium are great for Ibex or Ascent (I have both).
Old 04-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks for the input! I have never thrown any Vibram but I've always wanted to try their stuff.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Eagle Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks for the input! I have never thrown any Vibram but I've always wanted to try their stuff.
They will feel a little weird in your hand at first, just because you're so used to holding a piece of plastic instead of rubber. Very grippy though, and you can really "go after" the basket without having to worry about blowing by it. This is ideal for a Birdie Bash, because on a par 3, if you miss your second shot, you at least want to hit something metal to pick up a point. (High score wins, 2 points for every birdie, 5 points for every eagle (remember it's based on course par) and 1 point for every metal hit (birdie shot or better.) Last year my sister-in-law hit metal on her second shot on a par 5, and then had a tap in eagle 3. This gave her 6 points on that hole.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:48 AM
Eagle Member

17 peeps signed up, but just one lady so far. Ladies.....hey ladies....