Old 02-26-2014, 08:31 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
I wouldn't consider it domey either. It does have a tall shoulder. I have been saying they've been domey in other threads, and I realize now that I'm mistaken. It's the shoulder that make these feel deeper than they are (to me).
Old 02-26-2014, 09:26 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 10
Have three Mercys.
Two are strawberry editions and are flat as a board and stable.
My first had some dome and beat in developed a fair amount of turn and lost most of its fade off the tee.

I picked up an OPTO pure for driving but if Lat would make a Mercy in Opto....wow.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
I picked up an OPTO pure for driving but if Lat would make a Mercy in Opto....wow.
yeah, i have a feeling it would wind up being awesome from the few throws i got with the mercy before i lost it in the drifting snow.

maybe a little too OS though. the jump from zero pures to opto is pretty huge; the zero pures are def. pretty understable on longer drives whereas the opto just stays on a rope. the opto mercy would probably overlap with a sinus following the same logic, but who knows?

or maybe it'd be another wizard flight clone.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:09 PM
* Ace Member *

after losing my first zero hard mercy the other day i ordered two more.

i got one last night and had the opportunity to throw it today; the second one just got to the door. disappointed. the one i got to throw flies nothing whatsoever like my other mercy. the other one was true to ratings, this one will not hold straight. the plastic doesn't feel the same either. my first mercy was hard; these both feel different, slightly tackier with more give (not much though; still stiff) and they both have slight puddle tops; the red one has a slightly lower PLH than the one i got to throw today so i don't have much hope for them, which is frustrating.

as far as putting goes it is the most comfortable putter i have ever held and i love the way it putts. it just goes in the basket; it's like someone made it specifically for my hands and my grip, and i feel a very natural change coming from wizards.

we will see if they stick around, but if this is how it's going to be consistency-wise, it ain't happenin'. this was a real dark horse for me too. i'd rather just go with a ridge/pure/summit combo or something similar and know what i'm getting every time. i guess i will have to just keep trying them out and hopefully someone will return my red one.

Last edited by Kodachrome; 03-01-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
after losing my first zero hard mercy the other day i ordered two more.

i got one last night and had the opportunity to throw it today; the second one just got to the door. disappointed. the one i got to throw flies nothing whatsoever like my other mercy. the other one was true to ratings, this one will not hold straight. the plastic doesn't feel the same either. my first mercy was hard; these both feel different, slightly tackier with more give (not much though; still stiff) and they both have slight puddle tops; the red one has a slightly lower PLH than the one i got to throw today so i don't have much hope for them, which is frustrating.

as far as putting goes it is the most comfortable putter i have ever held and i love the way it putts. it just goes in the basket; it's like someone made it specifically for my hands and my grip, and i feel a very natural change coming from wizards.

we will see if they stick around, but if this is how it's going to be consistency-wise, it ain't happenin'. this was a real dark horse for me too. i'd rather just go with a ridge/pure/summit combo or something similar and know what i'm getting every time. i guess i will have to just keep trying them out and hopefully someone will return my red one.
That sucks with the inconsistencies on your Mercys. I have only ordered mine from Prime and DD and they were the same. I have two hards and one soft. I know I saw on Lats site that they were doing the Mercys in a Zero Med on the next runs...I inquired around and found out that none have supposedly hit the states yet.

You get some in between run freak plastic blend?

Old 03-02-2014, 12:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by discguy42 View Post
That sucks with the inconsistencies on your Mercys. I have only ordered mine from Prime and DD and they were the same. I have two hards and one soft. I know I saw on Lats site that they were doing the Mercys in a Zero Med on the next runs...I inquired around and found out that none have supposedly hit the states yet.

You get some in between run freak plastic blend?
i'm not really sure, but maybe.

the only discs i have on hand to compare them to are the zero hard pures i have, which are the same as all other zero hard i've seen, and the original i bought and lost. the difference is in the surface feel primarily. these have a bit of a sheen to them; the surface is not quite as matte. despite being smoother texture, they have some tack to them. they also have little sparkles in the plastic; not quite sure what the deal is with that, haha.

they really do putt extraordinarily well for me despite my disappointment in how they throw. nice and slow, glidey and just easy to putt with AND throw despite their depth. it's really the flight path itself that has my panties in a bunch. i'll have to get outside and field test the new one i just got tomorrow. i'm really not up for having a ton of different putters in the bag again so it's kind of on the chopping block.