Old 03-05-2014, 01:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
Gibson's putts look very similar to Rico's and Drew's driving style is very similar to Gurthie's "pendulum" drive. He's a very interesting golfer to watch. It's almost like he's a hybrid golfer created by the evil geniuses at Innova
FWIW Feldberg has the "pendulum" drive, Gurthie is known for reaching under his arm.

Drew has a smoother, more fluid swing than either of those two however. Also he's 17...I've seen him change and tweak his putting and driving forms just in the time I've known him. So this probably isn't even his final stage! (for example his putt was much different last year)
Old 03-06-2014, 03:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
I wonder if some of the Live Coverage issues weren't brought up based on last year's coverage. Namely, several folks commented in the chat board that the tourney is put on by Discraft and DGP was constantly showing ads for its sponsors, Innova, PDGA, GripEQ.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:55 AM
* Ace Member *

It's the Mercedes-Benz superdome but they can't stop FOX from showing BMW commercials. I would wager that the answer is more parsimonious than that, but IF that were true then that's a stone-age mentality.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 208
Would you be surprised by stone-age mentality in disc golf?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Sadly, not a bit.

...but let me hold onto my idealistic optimism dammit!
Old 03-06-2014, 02:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 80
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shark View Post
I wonder if some of the Live Coverage issues weren't brought up based on last year's coverage. Namely, several folks commented in the chat board that the tourney is put on by Discraft and DGP was constantly showing ads for its sponsors, Innova, PDGA, GripEQ.
Those ads would be seen by a few thousand people at the most, I doubt it causes any company a problem.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterb View Post
I still want to see more NTs on par 64+ courses. The PHX courses leave me a little underwhelmed despite the wind, rain, and the long water carries. I know it is hard because you have to be able to accomodate all divisions. But at some point, I'd like to see the best players play the hardest courses only, and only in the open division. I suppose my wish will be granted for this year's worlds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
Par over 64 doesn't mean Hard.

I can make a course be par 72 and make it extremely easy.

I agree that our top players should be playing on hard courses in the bigger events, but just b/c par is over a certain number doesn't mean it's hard.

what I want is GREAT courses for NTs, and there are too many people that think difficult= a good course.

Peterb- basically every pro I know counts Milo McIver(beaver state fling layouts) as one of their top 5 courses and they are only par 60 and 61 iirc. Yet I think of them as pretty tough courses because there are almost no "gimmies" and every shot has to be earned. Also the par 4s are what par 4s are supposed to be like : birdie-able by a good drive and a good upshot...both are needed.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeButch View Post
what I want is GREAT courses for NTs, and there are too many people that think difficult= a good course.

Peterb- basically every pro I know counts Milo McIver(beaver state fling layouts) as one of their top 5 courses and they are only par 60 and 61 iirc. Yet I think of them as pretty tough courses because there are almost no "gimmies" and every shot has to be earned. Also the par 4s are what par 4s are supposed to be like : birdie-able by a good drive and a good upshot...both are needed.
The Milo McIver BSF layouts (East and West) are both Par 60, each with SSA's very close to 60.