Old 07-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
You don't have to throw some huge sky anny to hit 500. You really just need to hyzerflip something with enough height and snap so that when it turns really hard mid flight it has enough air to pull out of it and fade.

I can hit 500 but it's not often and not something I can just bust out. I'm still working on learning how to get the huge distance lines. I wish I knew somebody who knew more about that to show me.
Yeah, I'll have to give that a try sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
I had a long post that i deleted, i wanna keep it simple.

WITH 400-450ft ACCURATE DISTANCE U CAN BIRDIE ALMOST EVERY HOLE , ON EVERY COURSE, IN THE U.S.

I throw 400ft and i will tell u that distance is almost never the reason why i shoot good or bad. C'mon ppl! U havnt figured this stuff out yet.
Good to hear!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
I would say most to the top golfers will need to flex a driver to consistently get over 500'. Most of them can get to 500' with a simple hyzer-flip to flat shot. The true big arms (Koling, GG, McBeth, Avery, etc) can probably get to about 550' with that shot. Over that they are having to rely on a line that has some left to right movement.

Discing down never hurts. Also, focusing on your reach back will only yield marginal distance gains. Weight transfer and making sure you're properly hitting is where you will see the biggest gains.
This is true, I should focus more on that.

I saw GG rip a HUGE drive at the DGLO... I'm talking like maybe almost 600, it was a little downhill but still this thing went FAR.

Sounds like my questions have been answered! I understand that there is more to the game than distance, but I'd simply like to be able to throw 400-450 more consistently and accurately and I feel that if I can increase my power further, that it will allow me to more easily hit the 400-450 and do it more accurately.

With my current power, I have been able to make a lot of shots with putters and Mids where I never used to be able to. Thanks for the help everyone. I'll let you know when I start breaking past 500
Old 07-20-2013, 10:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 82
An audible grunt during the throw makes the disc go farther. IDK for sure, but I'm told the extra distance increases exponentially in proportion to increased silliness of the grunt.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemkey View Post
So I was reading this thread and was reminded of a story. The story goes like this: a male great dane mounts a female chihuahua and rips it in half. The chihuahua belonged to a famous blonde bimbo (no hate here, the woman is famous for being blonde and a bimbo), and she vows to get even. So she mounts the great dane explaining she's giving the dog an std that will cause him to rot and die. And, indeed, the dane did rot & die within a month.

Do you see anything good in this story?

But you understand why it came to mind, right?

You like bestiality?
Old 07-20-2013, 05:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemkey View Post
So I was reading this thread and was reminded of a story. The story goes like this: a male great dane mounts a female chihuahua and rips it in half. The chihuahua belonged to a famous blonde bimbo (no hate here, the woman is famous for being blonde and a bimbo), and she vows to get even. So she mounts the great dane explaining she's giving the dog an std that will cause him to rot and die. And, indeed, the dane did rot & die within a month.

Do you see anything good in this story?

But you understand why it came to mind, right?
WTF
Old 07-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 83
Well first off there are a lot of pros that cannot throw 500 feet but it also turns out that most of the people that can are pros. But I know for myself when Im throwing for distance I use gold lines, so I will throw a destroyer flat and hard, let it flip a little then let it fade back. Before I messed my knee up I could hit 500 no problem on this type of line now I only get about 450. But when I was hitting the 550-590 mark I was throwing these on distance lines.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsmanm View Post
Well first off there are a lot of pros that cannot throw 500 feet but it also turns out that most of the people that can are pros. But I know for myself when Im throwing for distance I use gold lines, so I will throw a destroyer flat and hard, let it flip a little then let it fade back. Before I messed my knee up I could hit 500 no problem on this type of line now I only get about 450. But when I was hitting the 550-590 mark I was throwing these on distance lines.
What do you mean by gold lines?
Old 07-21-2013, 05:56 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 83
Woops, I meant golf lines, stupid auto correct
Old 07-21-2013, 06:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Forgive my ignorance, but I've never seen it explained...

What is a golf line?
Old 07-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 114
Send a message via AIM to ElementZ Send a message via Skype™ to ElementZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but I've never seen it explained...

What is a golf line?
It's basically a lower, tighter line. Most pure distance throws take up massive space and can't really be done on the course.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsmanm View Post
Woops, I meant golf lines, stupid auto correct
I was wondering where you were getting Destroyers in Goldline Plastic.