Old 05-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
Have you considered calling a FedEx sales rep to see what kind of volume-rate discount they (we) could offer you? You may be surprised at the discount you might get to ship ground to Canada. Shameless plug, I know.
The company that I previously worked for could never get our system to work with UPS Worldship......then we switched to Fed Ex and all was well.

True Story.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Question for Zam? Do you guys sponsor Pro Players anymore? Marketing standpoint is it worth the time and price to sponsor a top pro player to get your name out?

You do have a great looking website BTW!
Awesome answer to that question incoming

This is very new... like, a week or so. Haven't had a chance to publicize it at all. We're so freaking jazzed about this one.

Jay "Yeti" Reading & Des Reading

Team Disc Nation is now the Readings touring the country and running clinics as they have for years. These guys are building the future of DG like no other Pros with their work in EDGE and building disc golf in schools in all capacities. They're teachers, business owners, college athletes, entertainers, and some of the warmest, most culturally-immersed people I've met. And they are on a freakin' full-tilt mission to build disc golf for the people. Couldn't be happier to have them on board.

Hard to keep my thoughts brief about the world of Pro sponsorship. Basically, IMO disc golf markets itself to itself, and the landscape of Pro sponsorship has perpetuated this trend to where smaller and smaller segments of the player population are being acknowledged and spoken to (that'd be the couple thousand players following the Pro Tour world). Going out and loving disc golf as hard as they do, spreading disc golf as much as they can... that makes the Readings the top Pro Disc Golfers in the world to me.

Thanks for the kind words about the site!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 1149
Where's the like button^^^

Old 05-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 34
While I do appreciate the differing demographics store fronts, I find it slightly annoying when doing this for example:
1) go to DN, login, add 5 discs, type in most recent coupon code/promotion, get total price 1 (TP1)
2) go to Prime, login, add same 5 discs, do I have points?, how many points do I get?, get TP2
3) go to discgolfstore.com, login, add 5 discs, get TP3
4) go to everythingdiscgolf, login, add 5 discs, get TP4

Because its never consistent for an order quantity, which site is cheaper. While I realize the price difference usually comes out to a buck or two between the two most likely sites...the asian in me still has to go to all 4...
Now....if you'd like to build me a quick comparator script.....