Old 07-22-2013, 10:53 AM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 193
Ugh, what a punch to the gut to lose something like a camera.

Not to mention the hassle of it all, and then the ****ty response by the men in blue to top it all off!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 10:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 172
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
For those who have never met Ripper he reminds of of the character in the original Dirty Dozen. The gentle giant. Great easy going guy that I would not want pissed at me, and I think it would take a lot to piss him off.
To warm up for disc golf he throws truck tires!
^This! As a host, Nick went above and beyond to ensure I had a great experience when I visited the area. Makes me absolutely sick when bad things happen to good people.

Sure, it'd be great if they caught the bastard, but I'm more concerned about his losses on a personal level, not to mention the time and pain in the @$$ of dealing with insurance claims and repairs, on top of the cost of deductibles, increased rates for filing claims, and the possibility of lossses that aren't covered. When something like this happens, it's beyond aggravating.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 07-22-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz36984 View Post
Jay, I think they got the kid. There was a 16 year old breaking into cars left and right between colerain and western hills. He actually got not 1, 2, 3, but 4 ppl I know not including your buddy Johnny. But he got caught last week. Hopefully its the same criminal that hit Airy. Also, watch our for disc thieves there. I was one hole 8 a couple months back and there was a kid hiding behind the big tree on the left down the hill a little bit. I threw down and he emerged, snatched my disc and jumped in his car. I don't think I've ever been more gangster lol. I lost my religion and threw out all kinds of threats. Got my disc back though
how did you get it back?
Old 07-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
how did you get it back?
Even if they did catch him, and found the stuff that was stolen I have little to no confidence that I would ever get it back. It would be great if they did, but with the amount info I was allowed to give them and then on top of it the way the officer acted i'm sure he just crumbled up my police report and threw it away.

Thanks Bogey for the kind words. I enjoy meeting people from out of town and showing them Idlewild so it was no problems at all.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz36984 View Post
Jay, I think they got the kid. There was a 16 year old breaking into cars left and right between colerain and western hills. He actually got not 1, 2, 3, but 4 ppl I know not including your buddy Johnny. But he got caught last week. Hopefully its the same criminal that hit Airy. Also, watch our for disc thieves there. I was one hole 8 a couple months back and there was a kid hiding behind the big tree on the left down the hill a little bit. I threw down and he emerged, snatched my disc and jumped in his car. I don't think I've ever been more gangster lol. I lost my religion and threw out all kinds of threats. Got my disc back though
They stole your disc at Airey after you threw it? Seriously?
Old 07-22-2013, 02:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.7
Courses Played: 81
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
They stole your disc at Airey after you threw it? Seriously?
I had that happen in my group on hole #18 once. Another guy in the group threw it past the short pin around the end of the shop. There were two teens there that were gone when we got to the basket to never find a disc that landed in the grass.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Noodle Arm

Courses Played: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I had that happen in my group on hole #18 once. Another guy in the group threw it past the short pin around the end of the shop. There were two teens there that were gone when we got to the basket to never find a disc that landed in the grass.
That's just stupid! Why would someone risk a good ol' fashion butt kicking over a $15 piece of plastic? up next.... disc with a GPS chip!