Old 03-12-2015, 01:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey H8tr View Post
Bringing this thread back because I added a Z comet to the bag a week ago and it is already taking shots away from my rocs. I added it to the bag because I play at a wooded course as my home course and it is crazy straight. It is great at threading through wooded courses and at about 70% power it is dead straight with no fade. Loving the comet and wishing I had found it earlier. Mine is a max weight Z, how does the x compare?
My X Comet is a 170g and has seen a couple seasons of use. Its durability has been great, slowly picking up more turn over time. It's a utility disc for low power and finesse shots. I can put some power into it for high anhyzers or turnover-to-zero-fade. It's definitely understable.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2015, 01:20 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey H8tr View Post
Bringing this thread back because I added a Z comet to the bag a week ago and it is already taking shots away from my rocs. I added it to the bag because I play at a wooded course as my home course and it is crazy straight. It is great at threading through wooded courses and at about 70% power it is dead straight with no fade. Loving the comet and wishing I had found it earlier. Mine is a max weight Z, how does the x compare?
Yup. Feeling the same way here. My max weight Z Comet will not forgive the bad form I have but it will go very straight when powered down with smooth form and that is a good thing. It is understable for sure. Buzz forgives my effed up form so it is taking the open shots from 250 ft in.

Last edited by ljerome; 03-12-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 43.3
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Comet love here.

They now have their own special section in the bag as they have been hiding drivers now and then causing disc count panics.

Bagging a semi beat z and a pretty fresh esp.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:25 PM

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
i've got both an x and big z comet... i just noticed the other day that the big z is a good 1/4" larger in diameter. is this normal? aren't they the same mold? assuming they *are* the same mold, does it have something to do with the curing process of the different plastics?

Old 03-13-2015, 10:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDSM View Post
They now have their own special section in the bag as they have been hiding drivers now and then causing disc count panics.

Bagging a semi beat z and a pretty fresh esp.
Yeah, I keep my Z Comet to the far right of my Grip. Only place it sits comfortably. Biggest disc I have and as time goes on it becoming one of the most important.