Old 09-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Keith,

Planning on getting up there with the boy in the next week or two. He's getting bored of the Horicon course, and I've really enjoyed the rounds I've played at WARP.

Can't wait to see the updates!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
Found out tonight that the 9 holer a half block from my house (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1336) is expanding to 18 next spring. It won't be the best course around...probably somewhere around a 3.0, but damn it's going to be nice having a course so close that I could throw my Star Teebird to the first teebox.
Be and active part of the expansion mot passive.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:09 PM
*#!SuiCiDe AnKLeS*$$

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Be and active part of the expansion mot passive.
I'm spearheading the effort to form a club for Plymouth, to help with gathering sponsors for new tee signs, possible trap concrete teepads (it won't happen...but I can try), and trash cleanup on a consistent basis. The course probably won't be utilizing the woods like it should, and the city has already agreed to take care of all general maintenance on the new areas.

I helped to push for this expansion and have no intentions of standing by and letting everyone else do the work. I also have two kids who don't know it yet, but will be helping with some of the work!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 178
Just sayin'

Old 09-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 46
After a storm knocked down many trees this summer at Sportsmans Hill in Clearwater, MN, we finally made some big improvements to the course. It took a few city council meetings, lots of volunteer work, and even a little money out of a couple of our own pockets but it's all worth it.

Majority of the down brush has been cleaned up and the fairways have been widened in certain areas. Several holes were made longer and will have multiple basket locations in the near future. Just this weekend we poured ten yards of cement and plan on finishing the remainder of the teepads and pins in the coming weeks.

Still lots of little things to be done, but the final product is starting to come together. Cannot describe how exciting the process has been and how much I look forward to playing it after completion.