Old Today, 03:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
When people debate course structure, putting greens, and making a course challenging without rope, they need to be sent to RMC. The greens on the short holes on this course are often brutal. Very nice.
The courses at Bohart during RMC do have manufactured OB. Not on every hole or most holes, but certainly more than what is necessary in my opinion. Though I take into account that there may be some property boundary lines they are working with. See my review:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/review...mode=rev#68908

With the exception of a couple of holes, I think the greens are very fair. Though some are not easy, I think they are far from brutal. It is tough to get on the green for some holes, but I wouldn’t call the greens themselves brutal.

You are right, though. There are some wonderful examples of good fairway structure at Bohart. Many great fairways there do not have manufactured OB and some of the great fairways there that have OB really don’t need the manufactured OB.
Sponsored Links
Old Today, 05:13 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcinmd View Post
Sorry been re-watching the CCDG 2014 Worlds coverage again the past couple of weeks. It is amazing how much things have grown over a couple of years. Your folder organization on Youtube is money.

I will catch back up on the new stuff and then watch 2015 Worlds.
Yeah we've come a long way in a couple years!

I think you're referring to playlists on youtube? They are clutch!

2015 Worlds was great. Round 4 and 5 are nuts. Paul was playing out of his mind.

Old Today, 07:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.1
Courses Played: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgreen View Post
The courses at Bohart during RMC do have manufactured OB. Not on every hole or most holes, but certainly more than what is necessary in my opinion. Though I take into account that there may be some property boundary lines they are working with. See my review:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/review...mode=rev#68908

With the exception of a couple of holes, I think the greens are very fair. Though some are not easy, I think they are far from brutal. It is tough to get on the green for some holes, but I wouldn’t call the greens themselves brutal.

You are right, though. There are some wonderful examples of good fairway structure at Bohart. Many great fairways there do not have manufactured OB and some of the great fairways there that have OB really don’t need the manufactured OB.
I didn't mean brutal to be a perjorative. The tough greens require a thinking approach, and if you blow it, the results are harsh, relative to the, "I can run at this and no matter how far I'm off, I will make the come back," type holes. I like that.

The OB there doesn't define the course, by what I could see. IMO, this is the type of course you should aim for in high level play.