Old 05-15-2014, 07:10 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 44.3
Courses Played: 289
Tennessee State Disc Golf Championship June 7-8, 2014

PDGA A-tier for pros with $3000.00 added.
PDGA B-tier for AMs with big players package and payout.

Play the three Morristown Tennessee Courses over the two days.

Pools limited, and over 100 signed up already, so sign up soon to hold your spot.

Info here: http://bluegrassdiscgolf.org/TENNESS...MPIONSHIP.html
Old 05-15-2014, 07:11 AM
Birdie Member

Friday 5:30 random draw doubles at Cherokee Park - baskets awarded to winners (plus cash payback to also ran's)
Old 05-30-2014, 07:51 AM
Birdie Member

Memo to pre registered players

TO: Pre registered players

Thanks for pre-registering – as the TD this makes my life easier as I can pre-print the scoreboard cards, and have a good plan to make your weekend very enjoyable. There are now 152 players signed up – and still plenty of room if your friends want to sign up early rather than day of show. Only 150 amateurs will pick two custom stamped G-star discs for their players’ package, and there is 128 amateurs signed up – so 24 of the premium players’ packages left for you buddy’s. Amateurs that sign up after the 150 is reached will get two discs of MY choice (left over good stuff).

Complete schedule here: http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/TN_SCHEDULE.html

The only change in the schedule is that Friday 5:30 pm random draw (with baskets for winning team) doubles is now being held at Cherokee Park, so you can check in and play with out traveling across town as last year.

Check in starts Friday June 6th at 3pm at the Veterans Pavilion (building) in Cherokee Park – all of the way back in the park near hole 12. First to check in gets first pick on the two discs.

As a pre-registered paid player you will have the express line at check in – so come to the front of the line!!!

A little over 60 of you will also get a shirt for registering early – your name (pro and ams) will be on the shirt list with the size you requested.

I have a few custom TN STATE camp time disc golf stools that I ordered – there are 4 colors and if you want me to reserve you one e-mail me your choice ( hb@bluegrassdiscgolf.org ) . They are $40 each.

Locations of the Morristown Tennessee courses (and DGCR web pages) for directions:

Cherokee Park – 3075 Floyd Hall Drive http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5446

Rotary Disc Golf Course at Frank Lorino Park: 3100 Park Road http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5706

Kiwanis Disc Golf Course at Wayne Hansard Park: 5100 Dearing Road http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1575

ALSO: Holiday Inn Express & Suites is offering an $89 room rate for participants. Reservations should be made by calling 423-307-1111.
This hotel (where I stay) is across the street from Rotary, just up the road from Cherokee, and near the town’s better food joints!

See you in East Tennessee – and more updates will be blasted as needed or questions arise.

cc:
HB – TD and pool A official
Stan Linville – pool B Official
Brodie (HB III) Clark – pool C Official
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TN stools.jpg (66.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 06-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Birdie Member

Schedule

Friday 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Early check in and registration at Cherokee Park
Friday 5:30 pm: $5 Random Draw Doubles at Cherokee Park Disc Golf Course - Baskets for winners

Saturday 8:00 am - 9:00 am: Final on site registration and check in at Cherokee Park
Saturday 9:15 am Players Meeting at Cherokee
Saturday 10:00 am ROUND 1 TEE OFF
•Pool A: All Pros & Advanced Men and Women Divisions at Cherokee Disc Golf Course

•Pool B: Intermediate & Recreation (Men and Women) Divisions at Kiwanis Disc Golf Course

•Pool C: Advanced age protected & all JR Divisions at Rotary Disc Golf Course

Saturday 2:00 pm ROUND 2 TEE OFF
•Pool A: All Pro & Advanced Men and Women Divisions at Kiwanis Disc Golf Course

•Pool B: Intermediate & Recreation (Men and Women) Divisions at Rotary Disc Golf Course

•Pool C: Advanced age protected & all JR Divisions Cherokee Disc Golf Course

Sunday 9:00 am ROUND 3 TEE OFF
•Pool A: All Pro & Advanced Men and Women Divisions at Rotary Disc Golf Course

•Pool B: Intermediate & Recreation (Men and Women Divisions) at Cherokee Disc Golf Course

•Pool C: Advanced age protected & all JR Divisions Kiwanis Disc Golf Course

Sunday 1:00 pm Cherokee Park - FINAL 9 for top 4 in divisions with over 10 & Awards
Old 06-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
Hey HB, is there a good place to print out scorecards for the pin positions used? I'm mainly interested in distances, OBs and Mandos... I'm coming to play blind.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
nevermind, found good info right here on DGCR!
Old 06-03-2014, 06:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 31
Making the old timers play Rotary & Cherokee in the same day?!?!?!??!
Holy sore shoulder!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Birdie Member

The program will have all OB and distances / pars listed as well.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Birdie Member

All courses in Morristown look GREAT - thank you parks, county, and local volunteers.

If you have not ever played these courses, come play this weekend (intermediate, recreational, and advanced masters, and GM and SR GM have room in the pools).

Check in is set up, courses were very busy today with practice rounds, and doubles Friday evening should be a blast!

Old 06-06-2014, 04:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 31
We were out there on Memorial Day & they were mowing...on a holiday! All 3 courses are definitely in great shape. Wish the parks dept in K-Town put in half the work they do in Morristown