Old 09-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: LHBH
I'm a fan of most every disc golfer... that being said, I think we all know that shooting well while by oneself vs. shooting well enough to win a National Tour stop is two different things. This goes double for winning Worlds... and triple for winning it three times in a row.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcatsmith View Post
I'm a fan of most every disc golfer... that being said, I think we all know that shooting well while by oneself vs. shooting well enough to win a National Tour stop is two different things. This goes double for winning Worlds... and triple for winning it three times in a row.
You'd think everyone knew that we all know that, but maybe not!
Old 09-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 128
Throwing Style: RHFH
Mike "DGCR-chosen" C has a lot of skills. For the past few months I've played with him or observed him; bottom line he needs tournament experience to rise to the next level. There is a large gap he needs to fill to compare him with McBeast (who has ice water in his veins) and even Charlotte's mid-level pros. In a year or so, with more tourney experience, he should be comfortable with a 1000 rating; getting to the 1020+ level will depend on his commitment.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Isn't that why he moved here? Lol. Met him once, threw some drives and played a few holes. Seemed like a good dude to me. I wish him well.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:48 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 128
Throwing Style: RHFH
The course is getting ready for the USDGC. Last week, the dock tee for #18 was installed and the beach green for #6 was rebuilt as well as much mulching on several holes and rehabbing the triple bamboo mando on hole #7. Today, some of the dreaded yellow OB rope was installed on holes #3, 4, and part of #18; also the new dock tee pad for #5 started to take shape. Still another dozen or so days to get the course ready. For the love of the game, this will be my 5th year of volunteer labor; a crew came down from Asheville (NC) last week; other volunteers are showing up every day; and the Innova crowd is keeping the pedal-to-the-metal led by Paul Bergey.