Old 01-30-2016, 03:05 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH

She donated to our putting leagues a free day pass of disc at Highbridge. I cant recall if cart rental or camping was included or not....

I can't wait to see if it's accepted or not.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2016, 09:02 AM

Courses Played: 1

She's calling herself co-owner/general manager. I'm not sure what John was thinking, probably couldn't find anyone else. I haven't met her yet, but what I've been hearing about her is not very good. Time will tell.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 83

Ugh. I am still going to go this year because HB is amazing, but I was kind of looking forward to her not being there.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:44 PM

Courses Played: 1

There's an Abby Scheele / Highbridge Hills Facebook page now. Looks like she's sticking around.

https://www.facebook.com/Highbridge180/?fref=ts
Old 02-16-2016, 12:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 83

Going to finalize my reservation today. If anyone on here is going to be there between 6/24 and 6/28, hit me up. I'll be there with 6 others in one of the BB cabins (hopefully BB 1 since it's better).
Old 02-25-2016, 03:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 33

I don't understand how she's back now.

Especially after her posts on FB last year.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:25 AM

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 11
Default Should I go to Highbridge?

I've read quite a bit of this thread and there's some interesting history to say the least. I'm looking for a disc golf destination to spend a week in mid to late September. I would not stay at Highbridge, but would spend most days playing there. I'd be flying in from Florida (most likely to Minneapolis) and driving to the area. Is it worth it?

Last year I went to Bailey / Pine CO and had a great time playing all 4 mountain courses. Going back to CO is an option and something I will eventually do, but am looking for something a bit different this year.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 33
Courses Played: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpon6 View Post
I've read quite a bit of this thread and there's some interesting history to say the least. I'm looking for a disc golf destination to spend a week in mid to late September. I would not stay at Highbridge, but would spend most days playing there. I'd be flying in from Florida (most likely to Minneapolis) and driving to the area. Is it worth it?

Last year I went to Bailey / Pine CO and had a great time playing all 4 mountain courses. Going back to CO is an option and something I will eventually do, but am looking for something a bit different this year.
Highbridge has some of the top rated courses in the nation. I have not been there, but reading through this thread and the reviews, it seems to disappoint very few. Take a look at the destination section of this site, there are several fantastic areas to get a central place to stay and day trip out to fantastic courses. Ludington MI is an example I am familiar with....including Flip City.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:52 AM
*#!SuiCiDe AnKLeS*$$

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 222

Quote:

Go to Highbridge. Stay for a night. Totally worth it...best place I've ever been for unabated disc golf awesomeness. Also, Sandy Point and Mont du Lac are both within an hour and a half (in opposite directions).

Old 03-02-2016, 10:00 AM

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 42

Quote:

If you are going to play great courses and have a good time, I would say yes you should hit up Highbridge. There has been many people on here who have had a few issues with certain people at Highbridge, what seems like Abby specifically, but I don't think that is a reason NOT to go to it. I would absolutely recommend anyone who can and anyone who comes around the area to definitely hit it up. It's the Mecca.