Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 11-25-2015, 09:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinum View Post
Found a matching pair of 173g flat Bio Trespasses at PIAS today. They were only 9 bucks each and I had store credit, so I grabbed them. Curious to try them out, but not sure what to expect. Definitely flat discs though, so I hope that doesn't mean super flippy.
I don't throw Bio anything. But, I would not expect them to be flipping at all. Being flat shouldn't make hem flippy...
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2015, 11:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
I don't throw Bio anything. But, I would not expect them to be flipping at all. Being flat shouldn't make hem flippy...
Yeah, I threw them for a bit after work and they are definitely not flippy - so I am happy. I don't usually like wider-rimmed drivers, but this might be an exception. Feels very comfortable in the hand and it was pretty easy to throw. Pumped to toss them some more and really learn what they can do.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 34

Quote:
Yeah, I threw them for a bit after work and they are definitely not flippy - so I am happy. I don't usually like wider-rimmed drivers, but this might be an exception. Feels very comfortable in the hand and it was pretty easy to throw. Pumped to toss them some more and really learn what they can do.
The rim depth is just a touch more shallow, than a destroyer. But not too much to feel overly low profile. I really think the shape.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1

Any know if they will ever make Fluid Trespasses? Its great plastic and it would be nice to see. I am surprised a mold like the enforcer comes in that plastic and the trespass does not. I would guess that the Trespass is one of their better sellers, what gives? The Enforcer will be useless to most arms. I guess this is the same reason when I am in EMS and look at their small collection of Innova discs its mostly high weight Champ plastic Destroyers, Wraiths, and Boss's. Experienced players will not buy their discs at such a place and beginners cannot throw those discs...

I am surprised this is such a thing in disc golf. I am a skier and beginners don't start out on 110 underfoot full rocker 190 CM skis. Doing this will cause said person to hate the sport.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonseski View Post
I am surprised this is such a thing in disc golf. I am a skier and beginners don't start out on 110 underfoot full rocker 190 CM skis. Doing this will cause said person to hate the sport.
I think this is mostly a problem with the people who order discs for retail stores (especially if the store doesn't focus on disc golf), and store employees that don't even know where the disc golf section is in the store, much less how to suggest beginner discs. Also, unlike ski's and other sports where heavy investment means there is a need to research before you buy, disc golf is very easy to try with little investment. But because of this, too many new players jump in the deep end when they need to stay in the shallow with swimmies on for a little while. Some manufacturers are doing a pretty good job making beginner friendly discs and trying to educate beginners on where to start, but that does not mean that those discs or education are available where most people first buy discs. This will change in time as the sport grows and more knowledge gets to the public, but right now, it is up to the uneducated buyer.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

I am totally loving my Biofuzion Trespasses so far. Awesome discs and they have really added a new element to my game, since I previously did not throw any wide-rimmed drivers.

I am curious if anyone is throwing Moonshine Trespasses, and how do they generally fly compared to other Trespasses? More stable or essentially the same? I am considering picking up a Moonshine as a slightly more stable compliment to my Bio for days when the wind picks up a bit.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:08 AM
Par Member

Quote:
I am totally loving my Biofuzion Trespasses so far. Awesome discs and they have really added a new element to my game, since I previously did not throw any wide-rimmed drivers.

I am curious if anyone is throwing Moonshine Trespasses, and how do they generally fly compared to other Trespasses? More stable or essentially the same? I am considering picking up a Moonshine as a slightly more stable compliment to my Bio for days when the wind picks up a bit.
I've actually found moonshine to be more understable than its premium plastic counterparts. Doesn't compare to say a certain glow plastic from another big company.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:20 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 38

Quote:
Based on my experience of three Moonshine discs, I'd say they are identical to Lucids. There will be minor variation from disc to disc, but I'd say the range will be very similar to Lucid.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 118

Comfort is determined by many factors, but the biggest one for me was rim width. The more I have to spread out my fingers, the less confident I am in my grip, which in turn effects snap. The big boys like the Boss and Nuke are pushing 2.5cm wide. I felt I really had to lay into them to get my 400 feet. I tried other distance drivers like the Destroyer and Hurricane, which are few millimeters narrower, but they never fully clicked either. The Trespass is only 2.1cm wide, and while 0.4cm does not sound like much in the grand scheme of life, you can feel the difference in your hand.

Now, I have a plateau of 400 feet, only breaking it here and there depending on conditions, but with the Trespass having just enough stability to get me by, but a far more comfortable grip, it is easier, less stress on the body and arm, to hit that plateau.

The best part of the Trespass is that while it is not overstable, it is definitely not understable as well. It is not squirrelly at power but it also does not have a harsh fade when powered down. If I am stuck in that range where I may have to power up a fairway driver, if the conditions are right, I would rather power down the Trespass.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzteC View Post
I've actually found moonshine to be more understable than its premium plastic counterparts. Doesn't compare to say a certain glow plastic from another big company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaques View Post
Based on my experience of three Moonshine discs, I'd say they are identical to Lucids. There will be minor variation from disc to disc, but I'd say the range will be very similar to Lucid.
Interesting - thanks a lot for the feedback. I guess was assuming the "glow" version would be slightly more stable, since that generally seems to be the case for most brands. Glad I checked here first!