Old 07-08-2014, 12:51 AM

Years Playing: 0.2
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
You're asking how to throw straight, and the best answer is to simply get a stable putter and go do some field work. For me it wasn't about distance at first or accuracy, it was just learning how to make the disc fly level in the air. This means no hyzer or anny, etc. After you learn how to throw the disc level, create a 30ft circle and start throwing into this circle from 50,100,150,200 ft away while keeping the disc level in it's flight. Once you can throw your putter level & straight, at varying levels of power...man..that's a great feeling and really opens the door to taking your game to the next level. Especially when you start throwing overstable, understable discs. Because now...you're throwing them level and THEY are doing what they are supposed to do instead of you forcing hyzer or anny on the shot, etc.
YES!

This is exactly what I would recommend as well!

Great advice, DiscFifty!

Old 07-08-2014, 01:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 63
Throw flat - arm pulled flat/parallel to the ground
Figure out the speed a neutral mid needs to get up to speed to go straight without so fast that it flips much at all.

That's about all I know...I throw straight line shots all the time while others are throwing hyzers. I just know my discs...I have thrown the same glo buzzz thousands of times and know just what speed and form I need for it to go dead straight. Practice, practice, practice!