Old 04-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Looks like you are tilted over a little and not driving from the rear leg. Your tilt over causes your disc/arm to be higher swinging through. You tilt over because your rear leg is not driving all your weight(hips) forward. Need to load more into your rear hip(internal hip rotation/power of posture/hershyzer). Lefty is a funny looking finish, your off arm swings way out around.
That makes perfect sense. My legs are still dumb on that side.

My lefty isn't really feeling right, either. Hopefully something just clicks soon.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Sophomore

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Watching my lhfh, I think I saw what was wrong with my weight shift. I'm squatting in to it. I worked on that yesterday, and easily added 50' lhfh. It also felt better/more upright rhbh.

My lhbh, I think I just have some balance/posture issues to fix. Being more upright seemed to help at the field yesterday.

This is easily the best my rhfh has ever felt. I'm pretty sure it's solid at this point. I know I could throw harder, but I'm not sure I want to do that to my elbow.

Sound right? Any glaring problems I missed?
Old 05-01-2015, 02:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 131
LHBH - You are turning your front knee open so your leg kinda bows instead of bracing properly.
LHFH - eh, you throw like a girl ahead of your weight shift.
RHBH - You are swaying to the left a little bit.
RHFH - Your stance is a bit too square to the target with both feet than I like, just perpendicularing the rear foot to the target would probably help a bit. You want to stride forward to your left like a pitcher, not straight on. That will allow you to make a longer swing and generate more torque down the line like a catapult. See my setup:

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Last edited by sidewinder22; 05-01-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Sophomore

Quote:
LHBH - You are turning your front knee open so your leg kinda bows instead of bracing properly.
I see that now. Any thoughts on how to fix that? Crush the can?

Quote:
LHFH - eh, you throw like a girl ahead of your weight shift.
That's quite a compliment! It's starting to feel a little better, though. And I highly suggest some work on it; It's actually saved me a few strokes on the course already, even with the terrible technique!

Quote:
RHBH - You are swaying to the left a little bit.
Over my toes?

Quote:
RHFH - Your stance is a bit too square to the target with both feet than I like, just perpendicularing the rear foot to the target would probably help a bit. You want to stride forward to your left like a pitcher, not straight on. That will allow you to make a longer swing and generate more torque down the line like a catapult.
I noticed that striding open helped LHFH; I figured that meant it was bad

Old 05-01-2015, 03:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
I see that now. Any thoughts on how to fix that? Crush the can?

Over my toes?
Yep, Crush the can.
Yep, Hershyzer.