Disc Golf Store
Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Birdie Member

^My Teebird isn't the best gauge for this unfortunately, it doesn't have much HSS and I need to hyzer flip it for anything above 320', and on 350'+ it's going to S flight a lot. I compared it to a friend's champ Teebird and the HSS and fade were nothing alike.

I think the comment on nose angle is also important, as it can be easier to get the nose down in an anhyzer release...even if it was just a tiny bit more anny than flat. As well, more nose down gets a disc to turn over more easily too.

Is there any consequence of "too much" nose down on a driver? I keep trying to get it more down in my throws and it's a challenge, but it's always been a positive outcome when I do...other than anhyzers where I may nose down the "wrong" part of the disc and it cuts instead of flies...which is probably wrist roll and the like as well.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Is there any consequence of "too much" nose down on a driver? I keep trying to get it more down in my throws and it's a challenge, but it's always been a positive outcome when I do...other than anhyzers where I may nose down the "wrong" part of the disc and it cuts instead of flies...which is probably wrist roll and the like as well.
It depends on the line you want. You probably won't be able to generate too much nose down if you're looking for a distance line, but if your nose angle and trajectory aren't right it can give you a different line than you were expecting. This article might help.

http://www.discgolfreview.com/resour...s/angles.shtml

It might be possible with putters to actually get too much nose down, though. I haven't experienced it but my understanding is that some high power throwers have.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:11 PM
Birdie Member

Yeah with putters I find throwing it basically level gives me the best flight with most of them. More neutral/understable putters kind of dive downwards...like an Aviar...if I get too much nose down.

But with drivers I agree that the more I try to force my wrist down the further they line drive. Even though I had been throwing nose down for quite some time, even more nose down gave me better distance. That was an issue I had from practicing so much with mids and putters...that I had to learn to really put that nose down to line drive the drivers noticeably further.

I need to practice nose down with higher lines, thinking about the nose angle relative to the apex/flight line, rather than just throwing line drives where the nose down angle is easier to see relative to the ground since the flight path is pretty much parallel to that.