Old 02-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddjob View Post
what disc under the Lat umbrella (westside, dd) would be closest to a destroyer? preferably with the same size rim (or smaller). trespass or sword?

destroyer works fine for me but i just want to try something new.
Tresspass is closer. Especially in Biofuzion. The Sword has a little more turn and ends a little straighter. Trespass gets a little more distance than the destroyer due to its glide, has a slightly smaller rim, so is easier to grip, and fades just as hard.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 8
To me, the Pain is about equidistant from a Buzzz as it is from a Roc. Roc is the most OS, then moves to Pain, then moves to a Buzzz as much more straight. I prefer the flexibility of a Pain over a Buzzz or a Roc. It seems to cover both discs general use. I carry a moderately beat GL Pain and just picked up a new Opto that I'll be comparing when I go out next.

If your looking for "Latitude 64's Roc," then the Pain is as close as it comes.

If you are interested in a Roc-like flight path, but don't like Rocs themselves, try out a Legacy Ghost or a DGA Shockwave. Both are amazing and amazingly similar to a Roc's flight.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddjob View Post
what disc under the Lat umbrella (westside, dd) would be closest to a destroyer? preferably with the same size rim (or smaller). trespass or sword?

destroyer works fine for me but i just want to try something new.
For me the Destroyer has some decent turn to it, followed by a heavy fade. The Sword is very comparable and would be closest in my opinion. My Sword flies straighter early in its flight, with less high speed turn, and and fades slightly less, with less low speed fade. They both tend to finish in roughly similar places, but with the Sword taking a slightly straighter path to get there. The Trespass is close as well. It has a turn about in between the Sword and Destroyer, but has a heavier fade than the Sword, and maybe even more than a Destroyer.

They are all VERY similar stabilities, but the slight differences are the Destroyer is more swoopy, the Sword is more straight, and the Trespass has more late hook.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
Slightly off topic here, but if a star rancho is hyzer flipping for you, unless its beat to crap, it's indicative of form flaws, probably OAT. Those discs can take a pro's full power and not turn (except with a headwind). Similarly, a fairly new Z buzzz might turn just a little for you if you have a lot of power, but they're not really turn-over discs.
Maybe this is the case but I don't have to hyzer flip the buzzz or core and they fly the way they should. Maybe the grip of the roc is changing my mechanics. Just a quick additional question. Do pros hyzer flip mids?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:27 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
^Apoth is correct in regards to the roc turning-- A Pain is a shorter/slower Roc.

Pro's throw almost everything with a little bit of hyzer for a standard throw-- Its almost impossible not to hyzer-flip mids and get any good distance at all out of them as well as hit those very long low straight lines. Hyzer flips IMO are essential part of stepping your game up.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
^Apoth is correct in regards to the roc turning-- A Pain is a shorter/slower Roc.

Pro's throw almost everything with a little bit of hyzer for a standard throw-- Its almost impossible not to hyzer-flip mids and get any good distance at all out of them as well as hit those very long low straight lines. Hyzer flips IMO are essential part of stepping your game up.
Thanks. I was scared because I was hyzer flipping mids and putters(when driving) and didn't want to experiment with changing since its been working well. I hope I throw them correctly but its funny because as long as you can get it in the basket in fewer shots form really doesn't mean anything. Unfortunately thus far I still have a long way to go. But I guess that's also the best part about it
Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
yeah "correctly" is a relative term here-- lol whatever works really, works! but the long-term and consistency effects are why there is standard or "right way"... Sounds like you have the right idea as to what you should be doing and practice is the only way to get better regardless of the info peeps give on here none of it helps without playing!

Old 02-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Birdie Member

Yup. Thanks. I love when I started to hyzer slower discs to get them to do what I wanted w more power and had that that "ah ha" moment. Thanks again