Old 08-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Like I said though zen, that's a max d throw at 350'. Golf lines with a mid are closer to 250-300. We need to hit up a course together.

Smigles, thanks for that seemingly simple advice. I was throwing better lines with ease tonight. My wife even mentioned how easy I was throwing and achieving the same distance. My high speed stuff didn't have enough snap but my fairways were flying just as far if not further with an effortless drive.

Crazy night, I shot a -3 and my wife shot a +7 at bicentennial in Crowley. By far her best round ever on such a tough course, and my round was better than I have been playing this past year.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfire25 View Post
I was throwing better lines with ease tonight. My wife even mentioned how easy I was throwing and achieving the same distance. My high speed stuff didn't have enough snap but my fairways were flying just as far if not further with an effortless drive.
Hehe glad it helped As they say, smooth is far.

Kepp practicing and you'll get a better feel for your highspeed drivers too Just give it time, the fat rim drivers (like destroyer) really require an entirely different level of power. Maybe get a driver that is not as high speed, like a valkyrie, and try that one.

I dont remember, did you post what discs you use?
Old 08-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 36
This really turned into a different kind of thread than I wanted lol. I was really most curious about what the majority does in tournaments regarding high percentage shots. Down here in Texas I would say the average hole length is right about 300' and it seems like everyone throws hyzer drives(if the route is allowed) over anything else.

The majority of discs I throw are the truth, tursas, t-bird, striker, nuke, and saint. Everything else I carry is wind dependent or utility.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Depends on the course for me. If a course has a lot of holes that I can throw slight hyzers on, I'll keep throwing those lines b/c I'll have that more dialed in then changing to a line more suited for a particular hole but I haven't thrown in a while and could be rusty.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Depends on the course for me. If a course has a lot of holes that I can throw slight hyzers on, I'll keep throwing those lines b/c I'll have that more dialed in then changing to a line more suited for a particular hole but I haven't thrown in a while and could be rusty.
This is probably a testament to my inconsistency here, but for me its more what shot I've got dialed in for that day. Some days its a slight hyzer. Some a flip to late turn. Some straight lasers...but it seems that I hit the highest % when I find the shot(s) that are working that day and stick to em.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:31 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfire25 View Post
We need to hit up a course together.
Definitely. I'll be honest though, I am super busy right now. Between working full time and going to school online I have a 20 month old and a wife who is 6 months pregnant.
I keep wanting to make it back out to Z Boaz, which seems to be more your way, but it's not stroller friendly and my daughter isn't quite up to walking a course yet. Right now about all I have time for is to hit Bear Creek either on Sundays or Mondays. (My days off)