Disc Golf Store
Old 11-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Par Member

Yes I am bit confused. I don't totally understand the benefit of multiple disc of same mold with different amount of wear, I feel that exactly makes overlap between your discs, at least as much as adding new mold to the bag. For example I throw tangent and axis. I could add beat axis to my bag or some other mold which would fit between those two discs flightwise, but I think both options would make my bag contain overlapping discs and make the disc selection on tee harder. One could probably even argue that even axis and tangent are too close to each other.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Your beat axis and tangent are too close to each other. That is the point of this thread. Either throw your axis and tangent or throw your axis and beat axis. It depends on what is most comfortable for you. In terms of being more minimalist, it doesn't just mean only having one disc. I would prefer throwing an axis and tangent because they cover so many speed ranges and flights. The axis/tangent combo is extremely versatile and can cover many lines. You could get by with just those two and a truly os mid. That's lack of clutter and overlap despite having 3 molds. Your OS mid is rarely going to see action since the axis can fight mild winds fairly well, so for all intents and purposes you will become intimately familiar with your tangent and axis. That is exactly what you want to do.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Par Member

Hmm, seems that although this thread confused me I'm accidentally on right track. My midranges are tangent, axis and tensor.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 11
remember that overlap is about not having clearly defined roles in your bag as one disc could easily cover for another. A 3 mid bag is, in my opinion, nowhere close to cluttered. You could easily get by with 3 mids, 1 putter like an ion/anode or use a summit and ridge and then have a couple drivers. 8-9 molds is not bad at all.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:22 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 36
[QUOTE=Jouni;2225052] I don't totally understand the benefit of multiple disc of same mold with different amount of wear Doing this will give you the same grip and "feel" in the hand while being able to cover various shots. I do this always with putters, they start off used for only drives and windy situations until they beat in quite a bit. My putting putters are heavily worn and fly much differently than a new one butt.... I have more throws with those individual discs and am much more familiar and acurate because of that. The same holds true with drivers, the more throws that I have with an individual disc or up to 3 in the same slot the easier it is to chose what disc to throw and what its going to do. For example when I go OB 50ft in front of me I dont think "I shoulda thrown disk-X there" I think "why did I throw it OB again", half joking but you get the point
Old 12-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by veek View Post
If a disc cant do what the numbers say any more its broken, time for a new one. Don't want a Roc that acts like a wolf, don't need a wanna bee Wolf, already have a real Wolf that acts like a Wolf cause it is a Wolf !!! The old friend I know isn't his self anymore, and I see no comfort in that.
Err.. You don't really seem to want to understand. You'll probably have to figure it out for yourself.

Also, you throw the Wolf? ^_^

Old 12-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 49
A Roc that acts like a Wolf is a better Wolf.