Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
Why replace the leopard, it's a great disc
^^^^this

Old 04-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Leopard Love is strong and for good reason..... they're great US fairway drivers. Very versatile. If you just want an MVP equivalent, I don't think that there is one. The thing is, you say you're looking for something like a DX Leopard to throw in the woods. If you play in the woods and want a Leopard then for pete's sake don't throw DX, especially new DX. You can push your fingernail into a max weight DX. Any more than a couple of tree hits with any kind of power will turn a Leopard into something so flippy as to be almost useless.

I wouldn't waste my money on buying DX Leopards and taking them into the woods. Star costs twice as much, but it will last much more than twice as long. That's how I see it anyway.

A GL River can be a beat Leopard out of the box, but with more glide. A lighter Opto can also be that, but a bit more overstable. They also could survive a North Korean tactical nuclear missile strike. Well, most likely the missile would explode on the launchpad, but Opto can be abused and not be any worse for wear. An older Vision is just a tick faster and has a Leopard-like wing profile, although the notch is not as profound as a Leopard. New ones are more stable, but old ones are flip machines.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
I like how the guy asks for a replacement for his Leo in the MVP lineup and he's given advice to try lat 64.

Fanboys run rampant.

I would say, as a leopard thrower, that a beat to crap axis in the lower 170's would be the closest thing. Amps are too fast to really compare.