Old 07-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
I recommend finding a putter you like, and sticking with that one putter for all putts. The most change I would make is maybe a lighter one for longer putts, but even that is not necessary. The comfort, and consistency of knowing how that one putter (or one mold) will behave in any situation is invaluable.

Unless you plan on becoming World Champion, you don't need to be a lights out putter outside of 25-30 feet. Practice within the circle, make all putts at that range top priority, and the longer putts will fall when they fall. Don't worry about them.

This is my opinion, of course. Others' may vary.
this is great advice. the putter you choose might also be dependent on your putting style. if you're spin putting one of the straighter less stable putters might work better for you. i pitch put and use a yetie aviar. ymmv.

as for your original questions, i carry three putters, two yetis that are the work horses and a wobbly dx glow avair used when i need a straight upshot w/zero fade.

last thing is practice practice practice. then when your tired practice some more.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:19 AM

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Putts Putts Putts

Find a putter you like and buy as many as possible all exactly the same weight(most pros use max wheight)
Find the distance from the basket up hill,down hill & flat that you hit metal cage and above,no pole, on every shot. Stay at those distances until you are flushing 80% of those putts, Then add 5 ft to each station up hill, down hill, flat and repeat.

Very simple, this will lower you scores very fast because if you are hitting metal you are probably making the comeback putt

Practice makes putts

Right now I am 82% flushes at 25ft flat, 72% at 30ft flat. It took about 4000 putts over 4 months to get there but I won 4 out of my last 5 tounaments. Very well worth it.