Old 06-23-2013, 04:17 PM

Years Playing: 0.9
Anybody? Positive feedback is always great, especially for somebody fairly new to the game like myself. Also would really want to know if i'm going in the right direction and not continue with bad habits such as the one I had for the longest time which was raising my left arm and throwing from under it.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 32
I couldn't notice anything terribly wrong with your form. As someone above mentioned, try changing your swing plane by bending forward a bit rather than being so straight up and down. On the first throw, it also seems like your weight falls off a little to the right instead of straight forward, which might screw with your swing plane as well.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Nole View Post
I couldn't notice anything terribly wrong with your form. As someone above mentioned, try changing your swing plane by bending forward a bit rather than being so straight up and down. On the first throw, it also seems like your weight falls off a little to the right instead of straight forward, which might screw with your swing plane as well.
Word, that is good advice. I feel like i've been doing that since the beginning, I've been working on it though.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 79
Loosen up the backswing, let your hips bring your loose arm back straight. Don't curl the arm back, it will load during the forward swing if you keep loose until the power zone. Close your stance/ turn your hips back further and maintain dynamic balance between your feet. Your plant foot should be closer to the left side of the tee than the right foot. When you plant your hips open like you do, you can't bring the disc through the core and end up rounding the swing around your body and will tend to turn stuff over. Stay lighter on the rear foot(instep) and don't let the rear heel touch the ground. Stop leaning back away from the target and trying to load on the rear foot/heel. That slows you down when you should be accelerating and also has your balance behind your heels which will tend to turn stuff over as well. You want to be in a much more athletic position to move in any direction rather than in an immovable horse stance.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Loosen up the backswing, let your hips bring your loose arm back straight. Don't curl the arm back, it will load during the forward swing if you keep loose until the power zone. Close your stance/ turn your hips back further and maintain dynamic balance between your feet. Your plant foot should be closer to the left side of the tee than the right foot. When you plant your hips open like you do, you can't bring the disc through the core and end up rounding the swing around your body and will tend to turn stuff over. Stay lighter on the rear foot(instep) and don't let the rear heel touch the ground. Stop leaning back away from the target and trying to load on the rear foot/heel. That slows you down when you should be accelerating and also has your balance behind your heels which will tend to turn stuff over as well. You want to be in a much more athletic position to move in any direction rather than in an immovable horse stance.
Hah, brutal man. But yeah I'm not very flexible, I'll keep in mind what you said about the footwork though, I feel I need much improvement in that area...
Old 06-24-2013, 01:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 79
Flexibility helps, but really doesn't have anything to do with correcting those things. In fact trying to throw the way you do now requires much more flexibility.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Flexibility helps, but really doesn't have anything to do with correcting those things. In fact trying to throw the way you do now requires much more flexibility.
I understand clearly what you mean. I'm really not flexible, I cannot touch my toes. Granted these are only two drives out of many a week and may not mimic the way I usually throw, this has felt natural lately as far as footwork goes . Come to think of it, it may have had a lot to do with my original problem as I clearly started throwing differently using faster drivers these past weeks .