HOOK, LINE, and SINKER!

Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
That's how you back pedal.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
Thanks for the feedback, was out and about and couldnt reply.

I tried the ebay route, but with no one looking and no specific catergory, it was a lost cause UNLESS I guided people there. So if I gotta guide them to it, may as well be a shop front. Dont the road I might go ebay store in order to have more flexibility.

I want to push ABC over here, and only one selling it, reason for the bigger number.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
If the company producing a disc has a rating system (flight numbers, stability numbers, etc.), I would encourage posting it with the disc. If possible, you might want to cross-reference them so you can say, hey, this is a Wraith. If you want a disc the same speed that turns more, this is an Archon. More turn, this is a Mamba - and so on.

Otherwise, it looks good, design is clean, no annoying colors or fonts that I can tell. Good job!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Eagle Member

http://discsqld.storenvy.com/

The big day has arrived, officially went online at midday today in Australia....now I gotta figure out how to advertise over here, as all the other clubs have thier own shops, lol
Old 02-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
It's better than another Prodigy thread.

L
O
F'n
L
Old 04-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Eagle Member

well...its been nearly 2 months...no sales! Lot of looks, and people using it to select stuff to buy in person, but come on! Anyone out there who thinks 'owning a DG store' is fast money/a gold mine and thinks the local shop must be 'rolling in it' is sadly mistaken for the most part.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate22 View Post
well...its been nearly 2 months...no sales! Lot of looks, and people using it to select stuff to buy in person, but come on! Anyone out there who thinks 'owning a DG store' is fast money/a gold mine and thinks the local shop must be 'rolling in it' is sadly mistaken for the most part.
Bummer! I really like the site a lot. Clean... easy to use. Pictures of actual discs. Don't know why you wouldn't be selling. I'm always looking for online stores in the US and buy from several different one. Just depends on who has the best pricing. I only purchase plastic in person after a tournament payout... so ALL my discs come from online stores.

Perhaps your site isn't showing up in Google searches?? In fact I couldn't find you in the first two results page when searching "Disc Golf Australia"... so I'd say that's the flaw... not the store. Nobody can find you.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Eagle Member

I have most Australian players on my facebook and let people know when new stuff is on...and it gets a LOT of hits, especially from Australia. The traffic is there...just no ones biting. I dont have the full range and weights of my competitors, but I offer something, and mostly cheaper and lower postage rates.

Guess I keep chipping away...costs nothing to have and people use it to look (saves me lugging inventory to the course)...but would love just a few randoms here and there! Working on cheaper US post eventually to sell the collectible Aussie stuff...one day!

Old 04-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate22 View Post
Anyone who thinks owning a DG store is lucrative is retarded and will fail at any business venture they attempt. That's not a dig at you, but at anyone who might think that. My one concern with you would be your desire to push ABC so hard. Why? If nobody in the country sells the product and their sales in the US are as remarkably low as they are, there's probably a reason. If there's zero demand for a product, why would a storefront stock it? Business 101. I think. I didn't take Business 101. I just run a succesful business. I don't think you'll ever sell off that inventory unless you turn it around at cost. Even then it would probably take years and you'll wind up giving it away anyway.

Nice site though, and I admire your initiative. Hopefully the people who notice you start using you, because you seem to really care and not just be in it for what little money you can make from it.