Old 11-14-2015, 07:17 PM
*#!SuiCiDe AnKLeS*$$
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH

Thumbs down are the least of my worries. I've got a review of Root River that has a few because I played it before a redesign and reviewed it. I haven't been back since, and I'm certainly not going to change my review until I do.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2015, 09:52 PM
Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 300

The idea of limiting reviews to the last [insert time limit here] is one I've toyed with. It would only apply to courses that have been on the site for a certain amount of time while also having a certain amount of reviews. If there weren't at least 20 reviews in the last 2 years for a course (or whatever time limit), I'd take all the reviews that do meet that qualification and then just take the next most recent reviews to get to 20 or whatever number.

Someone earlier asked what the top 10 would look like if it was just reviews from the past year. On the annual top courses list, one of the lists is reviews just from the past year. It shakes things up a bit. I think going by the method mentioned above would result in more diversity in the top 10 without certain courses sitting at the top for years at a time.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:20 PM
Birdie Member
Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 52

Originally Posted by timg View Post
I think going by the method mentioned above would result in more diversity in the top 10 without certain courses sitting at the top for years at a time.
That would be a good thing IMO.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:04 AM
Double Eagle Member
Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 88

Flame wars aside, it's nice to see some chatter spurred on by a Louisiana course. They don't get a lot of outside attention.

Lake Claiborne looks awesome. I've been itching to get up there since Whitetail first made its way onto DGCR. It's a long haul for me, about 5 hours each way, so it'll probably have to be an overnight trip, which is what has kept me from making the drive thus far. It'll happen, though, eventually. Need to find someone to make the drive with. Trying to talk my brother into flying down to do it with me.