Old 07-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 177
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin View Post
Of course, this reminds me of poor platebee. Imagine the pain of being held in slavery doing menial drudgery, so far from home and loved ones? It brings a tear to my eye...
Me too.

I feel like one of the Thermians when they think of the castaways on Gilligan's Island...
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2014, 11:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.6
Courses Played: 304
Sisyphus, thanks for your 8:39 comment.

Haters gonna hate. I guess they like doing that.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 27.7
Courses Played: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin View Post
If you have a positive comment then I welcome your input, if you don't then I don't want to hear from you. Just spend your time somewhere else.
Come on Olorin, how dare you start a thread that doesn't speak to the needs of every single person on the site? Especially people who have to read every single thread regardless of the topic - how dare you waste their obviously valuable time?

I like the thread.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritothedog View Post
I don't like this sort of approach because twice I have lost discs that were found in locations other than where I lost them.
This very thing just happened to me tonight. Two days ago I found an old Wahoo in Zebulon NC and called the number in VA. The guy lives in Charlottesville VA which is about a 4 1/2 hour drive from Zebulon NC. He lost the disc in the water on hole 17 at Walnut Creek, but he has never even played in NC. Somehow the disc got down here and then got lost again. When I saw it the disc was caked with mud but someone else had just left it near tee 14 because they didn't care about dealing with it. I took it home and cleaned it. It didn't have any ink, but by chance I could still read the faint lines from a ball point pen since it is softer R-Pro plastic. I called the number and left a message then Sam called me back. He laughed about where the disc was and didn't even want it back. We ended up having a great conversation about discs, courses in NC and VA, the glory of Walnut Creek, DGCR, Elaine King, the old frisbee golf course at UVA (fitting that the disc was a Wahoo), throwing strategies, and even the White Spot diner... I feel like I made a new friend!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

I returned your frisbee!

So, after getting no responses, and since I had no name, I started cleaning the frisbee so that I could sell it at PIAS. Lo and behold, when I cleaned the mud and dirt off I found a faint name and phone #, marked in sharpie, on the inside of the rim. Since he also included his PDGA # I also learned that the guy lives in nearby Morrisville.

When I called him, he was elated! We arranged to meet and I handed him the disc!

It turns out that his daughter lost the disc at Buckhorn on a different hole, so someone else found it and threw it into the water from the Blue tee on hole 10. (BTW, in answer to my original question: the disc was an Xcalibur.)

But this disc was the guy's Go-to disc and a favorite, so he was elated to get it back. It was a great feeling to finally get the disc into the hands of it's rightful owner, especially since he was so happy to see it again!!

See a happy camper here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DiscReturned-resized.jpg (89.7 KB, 37 views)
Old 07-31-2014, 12:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 177
I love happy endings!

Old 07-31-2014, 02:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 40