Disc Golf Store
Old 12-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
my school of thought is write the review, even if a course is already well covered:
a) larger sample size helps minimize the impact of deviant/agenda driven ratings, particularly if a few people jump on a course for any reason.
b) you might have a valid difference of opinion, or may serve to provide a more recent consensus when a great deal of the reviews are fairly old.
Those are good points BNM. A well thought out review of a highly rated course can provide great perspective, whether it dissents or affirms.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2014, 12:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
Those are good points BNM. A well thought out review of a highly rated course can provide great perspective, whether it dissents or affirms.
Had to cut my first post short because it was Netflix with the Wife time. I just wanted to add that whenever I scope out a highly rated and heavily reviewed course, I glean a lot through how TRers' thoughts compare to the rest. If a few TRers rate a course a notch or two below its average, that's often a sign of ratings inflation. Conversely, a few corroborating reviews by TRers can go a long way on selling me on making a visit to a course.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 740
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140
I did enjoy writing all of the reviews I have written but it got to be too much to keep up with when I started also blogging about them. Now the blogging has taken a backseat and I just post photos and comments on facebook about the courses I play. If you know me . . . you know it kills me that I have played 300 courses that I have not reviewed in the last 2 1/2 years! I also am finding it harder to keep track of my top 100 list . . . but I think I have everything in that list that should be there. I am almost at all 100 courses being rated 4.00 or higher which is pretty cool to say I have played that many awesome courses . . . I am not proud of some of the .25 to 1 disc courses I have played but sometimes those just work better on road trips!

This winter I am hopeful to check off at least 3 more states (AZ, NM, and AR) and I have a summer flight into CO for a class for my wife and we look to extend that into a few days of roadtripping through CO too.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 78
I never even met you, Silver!

Wow, I can't believe that the last time that I posted in this thread was 12-11-12. I still check it out, but apparently hadn't looked at the spreadsheet.

In my last post I was questioning when the Silver left sheet would be updated so that I could see my name there. So when I checked it out today, and my name still wasn't added, I was like... What the?

Just for giggles, I checked out the Gold level sheet, and sure enough, there I was. Sweet!

Thanks again to all of the stats guys who keep the stats updated.

And thanks to anyone that has ever a review for me. I sincerely hope that my reviews have been of use to someone!

As much as I'm on the forums, the reviews and course information are still the most important features of the site to me.

Jim
Old 12-09-2014, 09:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
thanks guys! Though it might be a bit of a dubious achievement to have spent that much time writing reviews here.
Long time DGCR members have been dubious of you for a while Mashy!

Walter Cronkite was often cited as "the most trusted man in America."
Mashy's become DGCR's Walter Cronkite.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 12-09-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 177
...and That's the Way It Is...