Old 06-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
I don't think jackassery has an age limit. How old is mtl? I jest.

Seriously though, if getting suspended multiple times doesn't fix it then it just isn't worth wasting breath over. You just can't fix stupid.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2014, 08:45 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip_hyzer View Post
This is public forum intended for genuine disc golf discussion. And by that I mean there's no way anyone here understands your reference.
Wrong. I get it.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 47
I played a tournament with a guy who threw a tantrum and then absolutely fell apart. He was way better than me, so I rather enjoyed it. Pretty sure I threw in a dig or two while he was at it because I went from six strokes behind to two up in just a few holes. He finally settled down and beat me anyway, but man it was fun.

I don't see the point in having a bad attitude. I'm terrible. I know I'm terrible. I'm the guy who releases a drive early into a shrub that's 10' from the teepad and walks off the pad laughing and yelling YEAAAAAH. That's why people enjoy playing with me. I have fun. That's why we do this. If we do it for any other reason, then we should pick up a different hobby. Like barnraising.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
It's somewhat like that guy we all work with. Loves to talk sh!t but cant take any back. It's too much fun to needle them once in a while just to watch them blow up. Not to be mean but some folks make their buttons far too easy to push.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-mart View Post
...I have fun. That's why we do this. If we do it for any other reason, then we should pick up a different hobby. Like barnraising.
^^^^ THIS.

I prefer barnstorming though. I'm from Iowa and I've found it's less clean-up.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 36
A good old fashioned barn raising can't be beat. I've seen crap talking escalate in a barn raising though. Everybody starts yelling about shoving wooden pegs where the sun don't shine.

You better be mentally prepared for some drunk redneck crap talking. It's way worse than disc golf. There is always that city boy that ends up yelling out orders but has never picked up a drill. It was good times when people helped neighbors out without expecting anything in return.

It was even better when people would get in fist fights over nothing and then laugh with that same guy later in the day.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 100
To the OP...

The purpose of ALL businesses is to get your money. That's the point. There is no other reason for business.

Why do you let the actions of others effect the way you feel? I don't like tournaments at all, but it's because of the atmosphere of the tournament, not the stuck up people that play them... just kiddin'. The tournament "setup" is the annoying thing. Some people adapt to it better than others. I personally detest it. You may detest it too. The people that adapt to it aren't to blame.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: LHFH
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
Thank you. In a way, that was my intent.

When I first read the thread, I had a feeling who it was before I even did my research. I felt bad that so many people were jumping the OP's back, without knowing the gravity of the situation. I've known of the perp in question for years, and I've seen his general jackassery first hand. Those links should make it clear that this isn't an isolated incident with him. It demonstrates a clear pattern on poor behavior. He is the type of guy that ruins a good time on a regular basis. Even people that I know to have thick skin, will actively avoid having to deal with him. The fact that he as been suspended, and on probation multiple times by the PDGA speaks volumes, IMO. Even more disappointing is the fact that he is a masters player. I would think by the time you reach masters age, some measure of maturity would set in.
I feel more like im playing in the juniors division. No offense to any juniors.