Old 12-27-2013, 01:14 AM
500 PDGA Certified Missed Aces Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 57
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
I think next time a local motel might be a better option.
Do the Honka or grab a cabin...or bring a tent. We tented it, and had a blast! We went down to the bunkhouse area to shower, and we thought the vibe was WAY better up on the hill.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
Do the Honka or grab a cabin...or bring a tent. We tented it, and had a blast! We went down to the bunkhouse area to shower, and we thought the vibe was WAY better up on the hill.
Right on, we were thinking about doing that last summer, wish we would have /:

Old 12-27-2013, 01:34 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
I've been to Highbridge twice and have had some interesting things happen. The first summer we went (three buddies and myself) we stayed in the bunkhouse. We shared the bunkhouse with three workers. One of them went by "Dilly" he put me on edge, his brain was pretty well fried from what I can only assume was heavy drug use. Another worker was Nicole, she was a nice, free spirited hippie. She dropped what I'm assuming was acid, or maybe good shrooms, and proceeded to dance and frolic around the bunk house. Overall it was a good time, but it was kinda weird. The second time we went we again stayed in the bunk house and had to share it with fellow golfers. One was a friendly drunk, one was an occasional drinker, the other two were brothers and they were strung out on some kind of upper all weekend. They were ok guys but the constant drug use was kind of off puring. We had several food/liquor items go missing that weekend. I think next time a local motel might be a better option.
Ashland has more than enough options that make for a real vacation experience over roughing it on a DGC... I feel u'