Old 05-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 202
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrhouck View Post
Dee and I had a great weekend; big thanks to Chuck for making it happen. Also to Jason and everyone at the IDGC.

Saw people like Leonard, whom I hadn't seen in maybe 20+ years, and met lots of great new people. Wish I'd had a chance to talk to Drew more, but there was only so much time, and we had to get home Sunday afternoon. I was looking forward to meeting BraveThrower -- if I did, I didn't connect the real person to the mighty online warrior. Were you there, BT?
I had to back out at the last minute. I was really looking forward to it. Didn't know until weds day prior. I'm sure we'll meet one of these days.

I'll plan on next year for sure and I'll try to get some more of the Charlotte design locals down
Old 05-06-2014, 12:14 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 572
If we do it next year at the IDGC, I'm not sure the first weekend in May is the best time. Since the weather is good most of the year there, I'm thinking we might get better attendance when the tour season is lighter. I was disappointed we didn't get any elite level men or women players attending but recognize this time of the year they are full swing into their season.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 130
I agree with John that there wasn't enough time for Q&A. Also I might have missed it but was safety issues ever touched upon when designing in multi use parks? That seems to be a hot button issue currently with Parks and Rec. I might have missed it as I had a pretty good headache Saturday morning and I had to step out due to information overload.
I did have a great time however and enjoyed talking in person with people I normally talk to on the phone or internets. And I got to raz Chuck about hole 4(?) at his Steady Ed course. (Awesome course btw Chuck) Team Andy almost dominated dubs there Saturday.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 130
Also, are we getting the new logo patches and cards via email? Wasn't sure if I had missed that or not. BTW the new logo looks great!

Old 05-06-2014, 02:02 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 572
Yes, regarding the patches. They will get sent to the attendees. In addition, I'll have the artwork available on our DGCD Yahoo group so members can insert that logo on their business cards or other correspondence.