Old 11-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by clard View Post
I got a day glow green 165g vip sword recently, and I'm really liking it for lower power drives that I want to flip up to flat and just cruise. My sword is somewhat flippy, but in a reliable sort of way. This thing holds crazy straight for way longer than a speed 11/12 disc has any right to! I'm also having great luck with it on full power shots that need to climb way up hill.
how far can you throw? I might be able to turn over my to sword a little if I really ripped it. I usually max out between 410-420 with it and I don't find them to be floppy, yours is a hair lighter than mine though.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBody View Post
how far can you throw? I might be able to turn over my to sword a little if I really ripped it. I usually max out between 410-420 with it and I don't find them to be floppy, yours is a hair lighter than mine though.
I can put my trespasses out to 400-410. I can't throw my sword with that kind of power even if I really try to flip it up from an extreme angle or it will turn way over and just ride a big old anny line. I'm new to the dd/lat/ws discs so I get some trespasses and a sword to try, but the trespasses definitely can handle more power than my sword. I'll have to grab another one to test against. The disc is actually really great, but just not something I can really lay into.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Yeah that's weird to me, my swords don't turn over on me when thrown flat. Does your sword have a big dome or is it significantly flat? Both mine have very moderate dome.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBody View Post
Yeah that's weird to me, my swords don't turn over on me when thrown flat. Does your sword have a big dome or is it significantly flat? Both mine have very moderate dome.
Mine is actually pretty flat. I wouldn't say that it is quite pancake flat, but there not a significant dome.