Old 12-29-2012, 03:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 56
Preds are more versatile imo, but i compliment my z preds with a new run FB for utility and longer thumbers than my preds are capable of
Old 12-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser flippin View Post
We are entering the dark heart of Winter. I don't know what I'd do without my dayglo flat top.
I have a super stiff almost rock hard flat top dayglow 161g 11x/12x and it will never leave the bag. Its so hard actual chucks have chipped off from hard tree hits. My friend has a 12x domey kind of gummy fb that he can turn over, my fb no one, not climo could turn over. (he might be able to lol he is the champ)
Old 12-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Eagle Member

I ve carried 2 at times a domey and a 12xFT 171. The domey one goes in and out, kinda flies like a stable t bird. But the new 12x stays, at first it was rediculously stable almost unusable. As I've been using it for thumbers and it's blasted a few trees, it has become my favorite disc in the bag. From upshots to crazy get out of trouble flick hyzer bombs. It has never left the bag since day one, BTW I change out discs daily, but my TB and Pearly Z Buzzz stay. That thing always comes back no matter what headwind.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 42
I used to carry 3 firebirds in my bag but i slimmed it into a flat top 12x and a gummy domey beat to hell F mold firebird. Has anyone else noticed that there are 2 different molds of the FX. Half the firebirds i look at have F written on the bottom and the other half have FB and the F marked ones are not as overstable are the FB ones
Old 12-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHFH
I've got an 11x Champ in the bag for distance thumbers and some FH shots. Its capable of some pretty impressive OH distance if you've got the arm for it.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnasalberta View Post
I used to carry 3 firebirds in my bag but i slimmed it into a flat top 12x and a gummy domey beat to hell F mold firebird. Has anyone else noticed that there are 2 different molds of the FX. Half the firebirds i look at have F written on the bottom and the other half have FB and the F marked ones are not as overstable are the FB ones
That doesn't mean they are different molds, it only means that they have different letters on the back.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:34 PM
DGCR Vendor

Courses Played: 28
My 12x FB's are marked FB and they are all flat. My older FB's are marked with an F, and they are domey. I like the 12x FB's. Great OH distance. I dont know if they are a different mold or not. But they do not fly the same.

Last edited by Phantom Discs; 12-30-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHFH
I carry 3 Firebirds at the moment a flat 172 star for bh, 175 flat pearly slightly gummy old prenumbers 12x (im guessin its a 11x old stock stamped with a 12x) for fh control drives and utility, and a 175 flat stiff cfr champ for thumbers