Old 06-19-2014, 12:51 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKNate View Post
I believe they were talking about Kody Custards putt as a foot fault on hole 10. Which when we reviewed it in slo-mo for fun it was a foot fault. The guy did it on hole 8, he was in that grouping of crap about 50 feet short and right of the basket if you're looking through the opening.

Since you know noble. Paul made hole 3 look like an absolute joke with a FH spike hyzer, hah.
Wow, and 3 is usually facing a pretty stiff headwind and I remember it being fairly windy that day. I normally go for a big turnover up high on the left gap with a seasoned pro Valk and it works nicely about half the time; other times it leaks out early or grabs too much anny and goes long, long outside of the thick red cedars. No good... To FH Spike that blows my mind. Impressive.

Hole 8 can get pretty funky, too, especially the right side of the hole. It's much better to fade out left than to get in behind that heavy brush on the right. I know exactly where you're talking about. It's almost impossible to get a clean look at the basket from anywhere behind that stacking of cedars, especially because the basket is going up slightly in elevation. There's just not enough height from underneath those trees to get a look. I would have liked to see how he got out of there clean, let alone burying it in the chains.

Heck, that section of 7, 8, 9, and 10 can all get brutal if you get even 3' off the fairway. Noble is always a hot or cold course for me. I either shoot 8 up, or I shoot 3ish down, but rarely anywhere in between. I just can't seem to get any par-shooting consistency there, but that being said I absolutely love the course.... whenever the poison ivy isn't thick as molasses.

Last edited by wake_rider; 06-19-2014 at 12:56 AM.