Old 12-23-2013, 06:51 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to Notrepidation
1 year 3 month form check....Sidewinder and others needed!

So, Have posted my old form and have gotten great feedback. Have made numerous changes and am looking for input regarding my current form a year and a few months in. In the video the first two drives are the slower more controlled form I am trying to move toward......the last few drives with the little Brinster skip has been what I have used for a while, it's not as controlled and I feel much less snap. Looking for any and all input and as alwaysI appreciate the input greatly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYrC3...ature=youtu.be
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Looks to me like the run up in the first few is going to be easier to repeat, which leads to more consistency. Also, it looks like it would be easier to tweak to fix things that need to be worked on. Your old run up has a lot of moving parts that could go wrong, while the new run up is more fluid and will be easier to maintain overall. If you're looking for more distance, I think a little more shoulder rotation could net you longer throws. But, I wouldn't try adding that in until you're comfortable with you're new throw. It looks like you have a good base, so once you're comfortable with that, it will just take some minor tweaks to achieve some different results.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 106
When you push/lunge off the rear foot/leg you are tilting(pushing) your spine over the front side brace which tends to release your arm action toward the right instead of straight(notice the lean in the finish toward the right). You want to get your rear knee to come through behind the front knee which will keep your spine rotation in the shot under the front side brace. Transfer your weight from behind you.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.