Old 07-15-2014, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 115
Without looking it up, it seems that most tournaments include players shooter higher than the highest rated prop.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Without looking it up, it seems that most tournaments include players shooter higher than the highest rated prop.
It made sense the way it was explained to me but obviously i am clueless about it. Maybe chuck has some insight into what my friend was attempting to explain?
Old 07-15-2014, 10:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 78
The individual ratings of the props don't really matter- the average of the props is what generates the round ratings. Shooting a given score would result in the same rating whether you had ten players rated 950 as props or 5 players rated 1000 and 5 players rated 900.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 115
I wouldn't think it would.

I randomly clicked on a handful of C-tier results from last weekend. In almost all cases, there were round ratings at least 30 or 40 points higher than the highest propagator's player rating. The exceptions were where there was one play with a player rating much higher than anyone else.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 56
Maybe he meant, the rating of the prop would indicate the quality of the round that might be thrown, and thus affecting the SSA, and in turn, the rating?

Old 07-15-2014, 11:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 116
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
Maybe he meant, the rating of the prop would indicate the quality of the round that might be thrown, and thus affecting the SSA, and in turn, the rating?
A lot of people are misinformed or misguided in what they understand the ratings to be about. I wouldn't sweat too much what he was trying to get at, because from the sound of it, his premise is flawed at the very least and wrong in general.

Bottom line is no individual player has more influence or effect on SSA and round ratings than any other. How much influence any individual player has is determined by how many other props there are. If there are only 5 props, that means each comprises about 20% of the SSA/round rating calculations. If there are 30 props, then each player is only about 3% of the equation. But regardless, it's the same for every prop in the given round.