Old 04-11-2013, 07:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaFrenzy View Post
Thank you I purposely popped this guy between rounds at my last tournament. It helped for a few holes but it was even bigger on the last. But I think it was mandatory to still be able to be competitive on the lead card in my first Advance tourney. But I also played the next day and it popped on it's own, but there was no blood, normal blister. Monday I field thrown and I had to quit because it swelled and then Tuesday putting at a park a guy asked me how far a disc could fly so I showed him. And that ripped open the blister and blood went every where. And then Wednesday I played 2 courses with super glue and on the second course my finger was killing. So yeah. I'm going to wrap this thing up and go back to my rookie days and throw everything sidearm.
I had an image of a disc flying out of a hand with a trail of blood behind it. That's how disc golf should be played!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I had an image of a disc flying out of a hand with a trail of blood behind it. That's how disc golf should be played!
It was pretty BA, because I hid the pain like it was nothing. The guy's face was pretty awesome to.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:21 PM
* Ace Member *

I wish mine had exploded in such a spectacular fashion, like a Tarantino flick.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 15
"Rub a little robatusin on it. Let that 'tusin get in there!" - Chris Rock
Old 04-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 51
The Flexible Fabric finger tip Band-aids work wonders. If you clip the excess with fingernail clippers after you put the bandage on, you should at least be able to go 60-70%. They grip about like your skin also.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:32 PM

If it happens with certain discs (i get one from grip on rocs) or throwing styles, maybe avoid that particular throw for a week or two, or play with your grip and see if that helps. Id go for some cloth tape or a good band-aid until it really heals.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 80
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I had one of those on my middle finger from using the fan grip!
When I was younger and all we did was toss a lid back and forth I got one like this every summer inside my middle finger. I never did anything with it. It stayed all summer as long as I tossed regularly. Mine never popped.

I say leave it alone unless a real doctor says otherwise.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 31
I have a blood blister on my right index finger that's never gone away. It's never popped and it only hurts if I play more than 36 holes. It's never really effected my throw.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:39 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by depster View Post
I have a blood blister on my right index finger that's never gone away. It's never popped and it only hurts if I play more than 36 holes. It's never really effected my throw.
Same here, and right in the same spot as katana's picture. I've semi pinpointed it over the years to my midrange grip, I tend to pinch down hard on the bottom edge of the rim and don't feel it rub or much pain on drivers/putters, not much you can do without majorly changing discs or throwing style except let the popped part heal and try different types of tape until you find one that doesn't effect your throw. It'll still form but should get harder and less sensitive as the season goes on and it'll keep it from getting raw enough to pop. cloth waterproof medical tape wrapped twice does it for me but I've seen people use plastic and paper tape and varying fingers. It's a pretty common thing in various spots for people.
I've even seen guys use duct tape... whatever works.

Last edited by Casual Squishy; 04-27-2013 at 02:42 AM.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:01 AM

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 35

This stuff worked wonders for me I've been dealing with blood blisters the last year.the 3m brand works best, I also put a mole skin directly on the blister under the tape.i didn't have any release problems, but the blister was also on the tip of my middle finger. Edit:it's called elastic adhesive tape, my bad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (11.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by MeowsTheCat; 05-02-2013 at 09:04 AM.