Old Today, 09:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 191
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
...I think I'll get with Roger on this. It looks like doing the round ratings weekly will be a better approach than averaging like we do most of the time for weekend events. The down side will be more volatility of ratings from week-to-week on the same layout where we'll get complaints for that instead of this issue. Still, it seems like it will be more fair...
Thanks Chuck!

I know folks will always find something to complain about, but I think this is probably the way to do leagues. We want folks to come out and participate. So, when tough conditions limit the turnout (they're gonna, after all), at least keeping the ratings based on that night's competition won't punish the hardy souls who put in the extra effort.

After all, with the leagues the way we're playing them, the group showing up any given week varies greatly. We aren't playing them as a series (which would maybe build more continuity), so there's no incentive (or compulsion) to attend when it might be a hardship. Anyway, thanks again for considering it. I appreciate all you do!
Sponsored Links