Old 04-01-2013, 09:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 366
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ox View Post
The map below is still under construction, eventually it will be on a large kiosk near the practice basket.

Hope this helps for now.
Very nice map! These are a nice added touch that keep first timers (including the many roadtrippers from DGCR) from complaining about spend a few hours feeling lost.

Has 17 been reconfigured or is that just "poetic license"?

PS: I came within 1 minute missing my flight after one last beer at Sammy's at the conclusion of Worlds (that was the time I met you last summer....but you were probably brain dead at the end of that week)

Last edited by Dave242; 04-01-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 115
Thanks for the map. It certainly clarifies what we saw and didn't see last week.

For what it's worth, Renny gets a lot of praise and awe, but in my opinion it may be the worst course in the world for a crumbling old disc golfer to play on late Friday as preparation for a tournament on a pretty long course the next morning. Especially after getting lost and playing the 3 long gold holes on the back. The police report on my mugging lists "Renaissance" as a one of the perpetrators.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave242 View Post
Very nice map! These are a nice added touch that keep first timers (including the many roadtrippers from DGCR) from complaining about spend a few hours feeling lost.

Has 17 been reconfigured or is that just "poetic license"?

PS: I came within 1 minute missing my flight after one last beer at Sammy's at the conclusion of Worlds (that was the time I met you last summer....but you were probably brain dead at the end of that week)
Thanks Dave.

I do remember having a beer on Sam's patio with you after Worlds ... vaguely.

Hole 17 does make a giant U-turn around 16's green and back out to the open.

The map gives a general idea of how the whole course flows.

The teesign will contain more details which the player will use to navigate the hole when they reach the tee pad.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Hole 17 is dead straight ~300' and then a 90 degree turn right. Dave is accurate, it is not a dogleg like in the map, but the map is still very neat and will be a great addition. We should probably laminate 3-4 8.5x11's so we can past them at the confusing spots, Gold/Grey 4, Gold 5, Grey 7, Gold 10/Grey14. So people can keep re-configuring their orientation.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Thanks for the map. It certainly clarifies what we saw and didn't see last week.

For what it's worth, Renny gets a lot of praise and awe, but in my opinion it may be the worst course in the world for a crumbling old disc golfer to play on late Friday as preparation for a tournament on a pretty long course the next morning. Especially after getting lost and playing the 3 long gold holes on the back. The police report on my mugging lists "Renaissance" as a one of the perpetrators.
Sounds like you didn't read my post about going to the grey 11 and 12 holes. I see this all the time and I have probably done it.... there are 4 signs telling you where to go, clearly marked by Gold 9/Grey10's basket. Then another set of signs on Gold 10/Grey 14's tee pad that direct you to Grey 11 and 12. You missed them all, played past grey 14's basket (it sounds like) didnt follow the signs to grey 15 but went way up the hill past gold 10 to gold 11, 12, 13, lol. To play the back 3 holes you missed maybe 10 colored directional signs...oh well...maybe I can think of something else to add.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 115
As I said, we were rushed....We obviously missed some signs and got confused on the hole numbers, contributed to by the fact that we started on hole 7/8 (depending on layout) to avoid the doubles which was just starting up. I think we fell for the, "there's another teepad close by, it must be the next hole" fallacy.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.7
Courses Played: 117
So does 18 play to the peninsula across the gorge? Or to the left of the gorge?

Old 04-02-2013, 09:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.7
Courses Played: 117
Okay, I updated the hole info based on Mark's info and the map above.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=587&mode=hi

I had to guess a length for Grey #8. It's probably around on old scorecards somewhere, but I don't have it. So, feel free to update.

p.s. The uphill/downhill indicators don't make much sense for Grey on holes 7-14, since it diverges from Gold numbering for that span.