Disc Golf Store

Old 07-24-2014, 04:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoriented View Post
We were them today. Spent 8 hrs. preaching / teaching the gospel to the masses at the Ohio State Fair. There are about 20 courses in state parks in Ohio and the ODNR has a large display area on the fairgrounds. This year they bought 3 portable Discatchers and we set up 2 small holes to play. Ran a few hundred people of all ages through it and made many converts. Even had a bit of a putting duel with the Governor! Doing it all again on Friday. Major props to my cohorts Ken Rollins, Lisa Warner and Johnny & Adele Sias, who made the trip up from W.Va. The fair runs 12 days and the DG should be manned for it's entirety. Pay it forward.
Thank you for volunteering your time. I know there are a thousand other things you could be doing. Could you lobby whomever is responsible for the current state of Ohio State Park disc golf courses and ask them to consult a professional course designer to make them more playable? I have not played all 19 courses, but the 5 I have played are just not very good. From the 10 feet wide fairways choked with trees at East Harbor and Punderson to the short dangerous Van Buren, I know that they could all be improved with some professional guidance.