Disc Golf Store
Old 09-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
When I get my elbow more forward, I lose the timing of my shoulder rotation (which I've always thought looked a little odd). So I think there's something in the shoulder rotation I'm not getting exactly right.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 106
Yes, there's a disconnect of your arm from your shoulder, you are just flicking the disc like it weighs nothing, as opposed to using your body more like swinging a sledgehammer and generating more leverage/power. You also aren't getting into a good athletic position because of that. You really should do a camera view from behind you/tee. I think you will better see how far your head/balance is behind your toes.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Sophomore

I see what you were saying about my shoulder needing to be lower. I think I know what to do with that.

I started feeling rotational resistance in my rear leg. That's good, right? I should also feel that going into my front side, right? And the resistance on the front leg, does it have to be released to use it? Or is the resistance on that side doing something else, or adding leverage just by being resistance?
Old 09-04-2014, 06:51 PM
* Ace Member *

The resistance is called torque, yes that's good. You either rise/straighten, and/or move/roll/pivot (no spin) forward to release the tension in your joints/knee and hip.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:16 PM
Sophomore

Old 09-22-2014, 10:15 PM
* Ace Member *

When you hop, you are sitting into your rear leg too much and getting flat/hesitating, so you are throwing with too much weight still on your rear leg/foot. You also land a bit too backward and lean over on the foot so it's harder to load into/against the rear leg/hip.

When you plant the front foot, you have no weight initially and then it slams down, your weight doesn't really transfer forward until after you in the right pec. You want to stay more in balance upright and settle your weight into the front foot before really throwing. Watch Brinster's front foot glide forward with the front foot more level to the ground while your heel is really high from leaning back.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 15
Uli had a totally bizarre step over back then. Very strange. Josh's form is a complete wtf as well, because even with all the insane angle changes and antithesis of smooth transition, he can throw pretty ridiculous lines.

Brinster is one of my favorite forms for BH. For a shorter guy, he leverages at the higher end of the spectrum.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyzerUniBomber View Post
Uli had a totally bizarre step over back then. Very strange. Josh's form is a complete wtf as well, because even with all the insane angle changes and antithesis of smooth transition, he can throw pretty ridiculous lines.

Brinster is one of my favorite forms for BH. For a shorter guy, he leverages at the higher end of the spectrum.
Uli did the same 2 hop Moser still does, it's the only way you can pivot your hips back without crossing the leg behind. It's very effective for learning balance and sequence of the throw, because if those are off you will fail miserably on the throw.

Anthon is just very fast tempo, but it's the same rhythm and sequence as everyone else. It ain't pretty, but it's flawless mechanics.

Dan, watch how far your left hip moves ahead of your knee before you plant the front foot so your posture is folded a bit instead of stacked and your weight/mass is more spread out throughout the throw with your center of mass being more centered than against the rear leg. Brinster keeps his hip stacked much closer to the knee and shoulder so he actually has more "weight/center mass back" before he plants the front foot. You will actually shift more weight back and forward keeping your posture more upright/stacked, but it will feel way more compact with the body and more powerful.