Old 09-03-2013, 06:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 682
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
I had an idea... what do you think. Instead of worrying about erosion with RR ties, timbers, cedars AFTER it starts eroding. Spend a few extra $'s at the time of the concrete pour. Frame out the retaining wall and fill with crete, like pouring a footer. You could cap it off with soem red brick for aesthetics if you wanted, but then you would have permanent erosion control for $10-15, much less labor involved.
That is the main reason I am writing the articles I am . . . to be a proponent of sustainable design and proper installation. It doesn't take years of storms to realize when something will become an issue if you pay attention. Just watch one storm and watch where the water pools and where it becomes a river.

We also know that almost every tee ever installed has compacted soil and thin turf around it . . . so why don't we push proper installation and preparation of these areas in the design and implementation process? Parks departments will look at us as responsible intelligent people if we are able to prevent some of these things from ever happening.

Let's do things correctly up front . . . and save ourselves so many problems down the road from having to correct problems.