Old 04-15-2014, 12:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 715
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140
I thought I might get mugged the morning of New Years Day . .. but I think everyone around the park was still sleeping!!!! It was a moist, dewy, and rainy morning . . . and I played alone quickly . . . otherwise I would say I did not feel 100% safe!

I felt safe when I played the cave course but there were times on the South course . . . where I was unsure where I was since I didn't hear anyone else. Scary no . . . freaky maybe . . .
Most people played the other course and shied away from the South course because of the water carries and difficulty . . . but I wasn't going into a cave without playing every hole provided.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 27
I just carry a knife with me.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Boondocks Farms in Knightstown, IN is on land that doubles as a haunted trail around Halloween. As such, there are hiding huts? everywhere as well as coffins. There are also a bunch of wooden sculptures lining the driveway and parking lot. Decent shorter course that would be a creepy blast to play a glow round.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 27.3
Courses Played: 156
Paw Paw

Not so much any more since they have widened the roads but the first time I went to Paw Paw (Woodshed, Whippin' Post) was early in the morning and after driving the twisty back roads, I came to the property where nobody seemed to be home. All along the road were "Keep Out! No Trespassing!" signs by the neighbors. I went up toward the house to pay but nobody was home. So I went around Woodshed by myself and didn't see anyone else. Then I played Whippin' Post which starts after the small bamboo forest and winds through deeper woods. As I got to the basket for #13, I saw there were a lot of seemingly abandoned cars out behind the property. And I immediately thought of "Wrong Turn" and wondered if my car would still be there when I finished. Of course, nothing happened but I never did see anyone at the course that day (I was there about 4 hours). I have been back several times since and met the owners and played with other dudes so the initial impression was completely wrong but it did give me a turn that first time. And they have improved the roads in so it doesn't seem as remote as it used to seem.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHFH
I donno, nature does NOT bother me much unless there happens to be a large carnivorous critter cruising around that can out run me which is...all of them. Anyways, where I get creeped out are the dudes sitting in the cars in the parking lot and you can't see anything below their eyes and they just freaking stare at you. PEOPLE creep me out way more than nature. Rum Village in South Bend, IN is a perfect example of this...***SHUDDER*** Do NOT back your car into a parking spot because apparently that is a great way to get some unwanted attention.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:01 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.2
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: LHBH
22nd street park Tampa, Fl

DSCF5822.jpg

DSCF5824.jpg
Old 04-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Birdie Member

22nd street park Tampa, Fl

Attachment 46782

Attachment 46783

Scary at dusk
Old 04-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Birdie Member

DSCF5822.jpg

DSCF5824.jpg
Old 04-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 27
Anyone mention Anson Nixon Park in Kennet Square, PA? One hole plays through an old pet and horse cemetery, with crumbling headstones slowly sinking into the course, definitely a little creepy...

Old 04-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 110
In the last two weeks, I've found raccoon skulls, still with eyes and fur, at Winget and Lake Olmstead. Both made me a little uncomfortable, as that was the only part visible in the immediate area.